• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2016 'Tales of' TV Anime Is Tales of Zestiria the X

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:26 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to this one for sure next year. I really hope they release more info though but perhaps soon when God Eater is finished airing and the Tale of Abyss rebroadcast.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:36 am Reply with quote
So how is Tales of Zestsria's plot though? Is it competent enough when comparing other generations of Tales' series?

How is the sales of God Eater anime though? (Excluding the limited game bundle edition) So far the non-aniplex titles that Ufotable produces aren' t selling like a hot cake
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:36 am Reply with quote
kind of obvious. they've been posting art of Zestiria for a couple of months now
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:45 am Reply with quote
Think they'll jack up spoiler[Alisha's] screen time?
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:50 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:

Highly likely, consider how big that fiasco is when comes to her game status.
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:54 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:

Part of me is hoping not cause Namco may have learned from the huge backlash the Japanese fans gave them that more of her is desired.

Hell I'm hoping that we'll get all 8 party members interacting this time, especially more time between spoiler[Dezel and Zaveid, given that they are only friendly with each other in DLC skits and they're hilarious together.]
Zaydgh123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:56 am Reply with quote
Finished the game recently, it was my first Tales game, I liked it Very Happy

I can't wait of the anime, its a chance for them to fix the little problems that the story had.

I liked the characters a lot, especially Lailah, Sergei, and Rose.

Hopefully it will be a split cour anime

also spoiler[they need to show us who's hand was that in the end]
Zaydgh123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:00 am Reply with quote
Also ToZ has one of the best OST I've ever heard.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:13 am Reply with quote
With a name like Cross and Xillia featured in the trailer, I'm expecting a crossover. But what to do about Lailah, whose VA passed away? Poor Matsuki Miyu. X(
ShiroYo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:52 am Reply with quote
As long as this isn't based in Zestiria's main story line it should be fine. Sorey and Mikleo are by far the least interesting characters and the main quest in the game is as generic as generic can be.

But yeah this is looking more like a cross-over kind of thing and even though I'm not a fan of this concept, as long as you give me loads of Edna and Zaveid interactions I will be happy with it. Lailah and Rose also have their moments and I feel they could have some more development in an adaptation.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:07 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:

Why should they? That character fulfilled their purpose in the story with all the times they were in it. No different than any other Tales character that has been in the game only part of the game.
...I must have pissed the pitchforks for spoiler[Leon in Tales of Destiny, who actually dies at the hands of the main characters having to leave him], spoiler[Flynn, who comes in and out of the game and isn't even entirely playable in the original release of the game.], spoiler[Claire, who isn't even a battle party member but she's off in Agarte's body and Agarte is traveling with you in hers.], spoiler[Shirley who ends up being kidnapped and then coerced to do a ritual only to be a joined party member after the main story], and many other characters that are "main" as not only the battle party members can be main characters in Tales game.

Pretty much, as someone who has seriously played every Tales game, that's always been a stupid complaint.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:30 am Reply with quote
The game´s story is a generic mess though and why are they promoting a 1 year old product and not Berseria? This is pointless and bad synergy but the gameplay itself was fine as (nearly) always. The 2014 TV Special was an utter waste too.

Isn´t it also inserting that none in the west cared that Alisha is only an important side character? I certainly didn´t.
The Phantasia OVA is the only worthwhile Tales anime if you ask me but the Tales shows are still better that what Atlus has been shoveling out. Wake me up when Vesperia and Xillia 1 (and only 1!) get an anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zaydgh123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:44 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
The game´s story is a generic mess though and why are they promoting a 1 year old product and not Berseria? This is pointless and bad synergy but the gameplay itself was fine as (nearly) always. The 2014 TV Special was an utter waste too.

ToZ had a generic premise but it was lovable and the presentation was great, I think it would have been better if they adapted the older games (Xillia anime to promote a PS4 remaster, GOD PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN).

but I don't think that ToZ is a mess or a waste Very Happy
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:56 am Reply with quote
Was hoping for a crossover but I'm not surprised. Still don't think Zesty can handle an entire show by itself as it even struggled to hold together with the original game.

ZaYDgH123 wrote:

ToZ had a generic premise but it was lovable and the presentation was great, I think it would have been better if they adapted the older games (Xillia anime to promote a PS4 remaster, GOD PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN).

but I don't think that ToZ is a mess or a waste Very Happy

Didn't you just say Zesteria was your first Tales game?
In comparison to the series' other titles, even goddamn Tempest, Zesteria was incredibly boring and generic. Characters like Laliah didn't even make sense, considering her apparent 'story arc.

Unless they massively improve the title's quality with this, I can't see it being any better.
Zaydgh123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:35 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Didn't you just say Zesteria was your first Tales game?

well it is, but its not like I'm clueless about others, I want to play Xillia but the problem is I only have a PC and a PS4, thats why I want it to get a PS4 remastered ver, also I've heard that its better than Zestiria story-wise.

I'm planning on getting Symphonia on steam.

I'm a newbie who is interested on older titles but can't play them.

hopefully we will get the other games released on PS4, that would be great
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2