• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation's Sound! Euphonium TV Ad Reveals Premiere Date

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:30 am Reply with quote
This could be a miss or hit but I'm hoping it will be good. Might give the novel a try as well when the season premieres.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:33 am Reply with quote
Looks good. Seems that the production quality will be about Amagi Brilliant Park's level, which had a pretty good quality.

I hope it'll be more than a 1-cour show.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:44 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
This could be a miss or hit but I'm hoping it will be good. Might give the novel a try as well when the season premieres.

The novel was very enjoyable and engaging. I have my doubts it'll get translated, but if it does, I think a lot of people will have positive things to say (barring the usual trolls that come out w/KyoAni now like Kaoshin).
Kreion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:59 am Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

The novel was very enjoyable and engaging. I have my doubts it'll get translated, but if it does, I think a lot of people will have positive things to say (barring the usual trolls that come out w/KyoAni now like Kaoshin).

If the novel is good then it'll be good if kyoani stay out of it then, like they did with hyouka.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:09 am Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:

If the novel is good then it'll be good if kyoani stay out of it then, like they did with hyouka.

I have utterly no idea what you are referencing by "kyoani" because that is an animation studio, not a writer. The series composer for this show is Jukki Hanada, the composer for the adaptations of Steins;Gate, Chu2koi, Kyoukai no Kanata, and the composer for the Love Live anime series. The director, who also works in determining the content of the anime series, is Tatsuya Ishihara, who directed the 4 Key adaptations, Haruhi (though more as an over-seer), Nichijou, and Chu2koi. It would help your statement to be accurate as to which person/people you are trying to discredit.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:02 am Reply with quote
I'm getting a feeling we're going to see actual band practices and drama and less meandering.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:44 am Reply with quote
Good luck to its potential success.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:00 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I'm getting a feeling we're going to see actual band practices and drama and less meandering.

That's pretty much what the novel is about. Takeda did some good research talking with friends from the wind music club when she wrote her novel, but focused it on a goal (making the national competition). There's a lot of interesting details that come throughout the tale, but it's focused almost entirely on music (there is development of a relationship, but it's not the romantic kind).
48 Rices

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:12 am Reply with quote
Whoa, Tomoyo and Minako in one anime again.

I can't help to not think about Aikatsu after seeing this...
Dian Z

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:34 am Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:

Hey, so you've read the novel right?
I wonder if the novel is somewhat male-oriented with moe moe stuffs. Or is it more story-driven and can be enjoyed by more general readers (especially including female readers)?
What's your impression on the trailer released by KyoAni regarding its faithfulness on the adaptation so far? Do you think it's moe-fied (just as other KyoAni's shows)?

Well I heard the novel is pretty good and is not particularly marketed for male readers so I wonder if KyoAni is going to make the adaptation to atrract specifically male demography (from the trailer and key visual released so far).
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:50 am Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:

Hey, so you've read the novel right?
I wonder if the novel is somewhat male-oriented with moe moe stuffs. Or is it more story-driven and can be enjoyed by more general readers (especially including female readers)?
What's your impression on the trailer released by KyoAni regarding its faithfulness on the adaptation so far? Do you think it's moe-fied (just as other KyoAni's shows)?

Well I heard the novel is pretty good and is not particularly marketed for male readers so I wonder if KyoAni is going to make the adaptation to atrract specifically male demography (from the trailer and key visual released so far).

I have read the first novel (the second volume came out yesterday and I'll get my copy today). The novel was written by a female university student and is told through a female point of view. I definitely see the novel as appealing to a more general audience as it's focused on its own tale, though does toss some cliches in there like a music beginner jokingly asking if Kumiko plays a UFO since the abbreviation eupho sounds similar. I felt the novel was refreshing from some of the light novels I've read and has a much broader appeal than some would initially imagine. There's some people on 2ch who feel there's a yuri romance blossoming and while I could see how that came about, I think they mistake a closer friendship with romance. That's about as close as I saw it getting to what's typically done with light novels/anime now.

I felt the first PV, while it did have a lot of emphasis on the instruments/music, didn't capture just how integral music is to the overall story. This CM, now that we're seeing episode 1 footage, represents more of what the novel is about. I recognized every single scene and though there were some changes (I'll point out Kumiko's ponytail as one), they're minor in the overall view.

There's going to be a good balance between content oriented towards an anime audience and content for a broader audience IMO. While Ishihara as a director tends to focus towards the anime audience in his productions (see the Key series and Chu2koi), Yamada as the series director should steer things for a broader audience as seen in her K-On! and Tamako works. Given the drama in the original story and Yamada's lack of history working with such material, I see why Ishihara headed this work, but I feel both will strengthen the adaptation better than either one could alone. I'm very eager to see the story in animated form and the clips from the CM make me feel at ease.
Kreion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:44 am Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
Kreion wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:

I have utterly no idea what you are referencing by "kyoani" because that is an animation studio, not a writer. The series composer for this show is Jukki Hanada, the composer for the adaptations of Steins;Gate, Chu2koi, Kyoukai no Kanata, and the composer for the Love Live anime series. The director, who also works in determining the content of the anime series, is Tatsuya Ishihara, who directed the 4 Key adaptations, Haruhi (though more as an over-seer), Nichijou, and Chu2koi. It would help your statement to be accurate as to which person/people you are trying to discredit.

Yes, they're a studio - congratulations you are not an idiot -.- Did I say a writer? No - it'd be the director if i I was going to point fingers at anyone.

If you want to get into specifics then the person who you mentioned has made a series of moeblob series - more importantly series like Kyoukai no Kanata were completely ruined by moe being crammed into them. Why would I need to pick a single person, Kyoani have failed to make anything particularly different in a long time - at least half their shows are K-on, or random grab bag of all one gender in a club, I dislike the way the entire studio does business. They have a recent habit of butchering interesting ideas, see Tamako Market and Kyoukai and I would argue Amaburi though I don't dislike that anywhere near as much. I just think it's wasted potential.

I don't hate that Kyoani make shows like Free and K-on - I don't like the shows but someone does so hey. I dislike it when they only make that and everything else is just meh, their recent history is rather poor. I just want them to make something which is actually worth the animation - any and every studio can make cute girls doing cute things series.

This isn't just limited to KyoAni btw, I hate that Shaft made Kofuku Graffiti since it has none of their style and could, as I said, have been made my any other studio.
Kaisos Erranon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that was amazing! You ignored everything he said and made yourself look like an ass too.

Truly an A+ ranked post!
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:03 pm Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:

(...)
I have read the first novel (the second volume came out yesterday and I'll get my copy today). The novel was written by a female university student and is told through a female point of view. I definitely see the novel as appealing to a more general audience as it's focused on its own tale, though does toss some cliches in there like a music beginner jokingly asking if Kumiko plays a UFO since the abbreviation eupho sounds similar. I felt the novel was refreshing from some of the light novels I've read and has a much broader appeal than some would initially imagine. There's some people on 2ch who feel there's a yuri romance blossoming and while I could see how that came about, I think they mistake a closer friendship with romance. That's about as close as I saw it getting to what's typically done with light novels/anime now.

I felt the first PV, while it did have a lot of emphasis on the instruments/music, didn't capture just how integral music is to the overall story. This CM, now that we're seeing episode 1 footage, represents more of what the novel is about. I recognized every single scene and though there were some changes (I'll point out Kumiko's ponytail as one), they're minor in the overall view.

There's going to be a good balance between content oriented towards an anime audience and content for a broader audience IMO. While Ishihara as a director tends to focus towards the anime audience in his productions (see the Key series and Chu2koi), Yamada as the series director should steer things for a broader audience as seen in her K-On! and Tamako works. Given the drama in the original story and Yamada's lack of history working with such material, I see why Ishihara headed this work, but I feel both will strengthen the adaptation better than either one could alone. I'm very eager to see the story in animated form and the clips from the CM make me feel at ease.

Ohhh, so there's no romance? Yay, now i'm definitely pumped for it, and by what you said it will be very good indeed. Like, I usually enjoy a bit of romance, but I don't want it to be the whole appeal of the show you feel me. :'D
I'll look forward to seeing your comments of the show tho, it's always nice to see the point of view from someone who had read the original work. c:
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, anyone have a link to a working video? Wanted to check out the new one...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2