• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Director Sakurai: Mewtwo Heading to Super Smash Bros. Soon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jajanken

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Awwww yiss
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:27 pm Reply with quote
As someone who only has the DS version, I am more than a bit disheartened by this news of exclusivity. Crying or Very sad
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Sakurai and Sugita hanging out. Didn't see that coming.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The playable Pokémon character was first announced last year. Mewtwo will be available as free downloadable content for customers who purchased both versions of Super Smash Bros. Players in Japan will be able to buy the character separately, but this option was not announced for players in the West.

Wait, I thought the west was getting it too (not that I can get it for free since I haven't gotten 4 wii u, much less the console). Club Nintendo has it listed too.
(I live in the US)
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Thank goodness I can buy it separately as I don't want a WiiU right now and may just wait until the NX and stick with Smash on 3DS.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:18 pm Reply with quote
He wasn't already released? Thought he was out ages ago.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Jex2193 wrote:
Quote:
The playable Pokémon character was first announced last year. Mewtwo will be available as free downloadable content for customers who purchased both versions of Super Smash Bros. Players in Japan will be able to buy the character separately, but this option was not announced for players in the West.

Wait, I thought the west was getting it too (not that I can get it for free since I haven't gotten 4 wii u, much less the console). Club Nintendo has it listed too.
(I live in the US)
I thought so as well. I believe my brother is already set up to receive it, as he bought both versions.
Sume Gai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Jex2193 wrote:
Quote:

(I live in the US)

The bolded part is clearly referring to the option to buy the character not whether Mewtwo will or won't be released in America ()notice "Players in Japan" in the preceding sentence) . It's a fairly safe bet both a date and price will be announced in the next major direct.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:16 am Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:
He wasn't already released? Thought he was out ages ago.

No, the first chance to claim Mewtwo by getting Super Smash Bros. on both the 3DS and Wii U happened a few months ago, and the deadline is March 31st, 2015.
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
As someone who only has the DS version, I am more than a bit disheartened by this news of exclusivity. Crying or Very sad

What exclusivity? Mewtwo will be on the 3DS version as well.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Great. Now all they need is to add Goku.
kiniumi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I really wish they would stop wasting so many roster slots on pokemon this isn't a new pokemon game! please compile the pokemon into one character like you did with the pokemon trainer. Please start adding characters from other games to the roster instead of fast producing the pokemon characters simply because its convenient
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm fine with it as it is. The Pokémon series is incredibly popular with a huge pool of characters to choose from, and it would deserve a good number of spots. They also all play rather uniquely, with no clones whatsoever. It's clear a lot of effort was put into them.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:10 pm Reply with quote
kiniumi wrote:
I really wish they would stop wasting so many roster slots on pokemon this isn't a new pokemon game! please compile the pokemon into one character like you did with the pokemon trainer. Please start adding characters from other games to the roster instead of fast producing the pokemon characters simply because its convenient
Mewtwo was one of the original Smash Bros characters; rolling him into another character would be worse than not having him at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1