• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Osomatsu-kun Manga Gets 3rd TV Anime Series After 27 Years

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anpanmon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:08 am Reply with quote
Hmm, two Gintama staff handles this series, I think this is good.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:12 am Reply with quote
Nobita from Doraemon, anyone?
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:39 am Reply with quote
Not to call it a wave, but after Ushio to Tora, Kiseijū Sei no Kakuritsu and more, this is another show that is getting attention after a lot of years of silence.
perroloco

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:06 am Reply with quote
@Hameyada.
Definetly seems like studios/anime productions are approving more and more old properties, other properties that got an anime long after finishing were Level E, Jojo, that sumo anime I don't remember, perhaps you could count Rinne to which was basically animated because its a Rumiko Takahashi manga..

It definetly seems like a trend, hopefully it continues, and it makes Toei finally finish Ring ni Kakero's anime series. -.- And once we are at it they should finish Dai no daiboken if they ever get the chance, never understood why they never finished.

I think a good manga that could be adapted is Rokudenashi BLUES or maybe Sakigake Otokojuku, Kotaro Makitaro even GTO: early years all were very popular mangas that if skipping or doing some arcos fast they could be animated with 3-4 curs and I think would be profitable, and sell a lot of old volumes.
TooLazyToComeUpWithaName

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:06 am Reply with quote
Let's hope Pierrot does this well.
bigivel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Not to call it a wave, but after Ushio to Tora, Kiseijū Sei no Kakuritsu and more, this is another show that is getting attention after a lot of years of silence.

Is a little different. This is the case of reusing your company library title, something that is done since the start of anime. Popular series are sometimes(depending on the animation studio) adapted every 5-10-20-... years due to it renewed audience and for the rights not to prescribe.
This title in question will be its 2nd remake. The original series aired in 1966-67, the 1st remake in 1988-89; so around 20 years; and this new remake will be around 30 years after the 1st remake.

Take the example of GeGeGe no Kitaro, that series is renewed every 10 years, and already has 4 remakes and there are rumors of a 5th one in the making.

Now Parasyte, Ushio no Tora, Jojo Bizarre Adventure are series that never got a TV anime, only short OVAs or nothing, and now companies are getting them and finally using them.

To note that the author of this manga is not only the creator of the first Mahou Shoujo/Magical Girl manga, Himitsu no Akko-chan(unfortunately is not the first Magical Girl anime, but the 2nd), but also known as the "Gag Manga King", Fujio Akatsuka.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1