• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fist of the North Star Movie - Uncensored - at Charles Theater

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joehcool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:31 am Reply with quote
Super Big News regarding the Fist of the North Star Movie at Charles Theater!!!! https://www.facebook.com/Charlestheatre/posts/10153576906396240

Quote:
"It is the U.S retail master-- but the uncensored, uncut film. The US retail master was the only version they had with English subtitles."
ParkerALx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:54 pm Reply with quote
I have a hard time believing this is actually uncensored.
Joehcool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote
The U.S Office of Toei in Los Angeles on the phone told me that the film was not the same quality as the DVD version, because the film is so old. It'll look fine in the big screen, at least. They also said that the film is so bloody and more gory with no blurs or monochrome filter coloring on violent scenes. If you think the Italian VHS version is the only "uncut" version that exists, wait 'till you see the film on the big screen! That is, if you live in Maryland, either close to or in Baltimore! Wink
femblem17

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:41 am Reply with quote
Joehcool wrote:
Super Big News regarding the Fist of the North Star Movie at Charles Theater!!!! https://www.facebook.com/Charlestheatre/posts/10153576906396240

Quote:
"It is the U.S retail master-- but the uncensored, uncut film. The US retail master was the only version they had with English subtitles."
Quote:
When was fist of the Northstar Uncensored In movie Format and can I get a Copy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1