• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Real Pokémon Gym Will Find Out Who is The Very Best

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Hoping I can hit this up when I visit in March!

I'm assuming the answer is no, but would I be able to use my NA 3DS and Pokemon games to play there/get content? I know the games are region locked to the system, but unsure if I'd be able to say, battle someone in Japan or anything?
Hehaho1830

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hoping I can hit this up when I visit in March!

I'm assuming the answer is no, but would I be able to use my NA 3DS and Pokemon games to play there/get content? I know the games are region locked to the system, but unsure if I'd be able to say, battle someone in Japan or anything?

That might actually not be the case, since you can battle/trade with people internationally (Via the internet) in X/Y/OR/AS

Also, the Pokemon World championships should cause a similar overlap over wireless connection. So you might be good, with maybe the exception of[/quote]
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote
To answer your question, with a U.S. Pokemon game, you will not be able to receive whatever special promotional Pokemon or game giveaways you'll find in McDonalds and Pokemon Centers while in Japan. It's sorta like how the Pokemon distribution discs only activate Mystery Gift functions in games from countries that gave away the Pokemon that way. Like, I can't use my Keldeo Distribution cartridge to receive Keldeo on my Japanese Pokemon Black cartridge.

Anyways. I love Machamp's expression in the promo. He certainly seems very happy to be standing next to that professor....
overlordrae

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:12 pm Reply with quote
My neice would love this kind of thing, but sadly Japan's a bit out of her mom's reach, money-wise.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:01 pm Reply with quote
If I were in Japan, I would run to that gym to try out all those training stations, just for fun! Smile
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Was I the only one who saw "Pokémon Gym" and thought of weights and ellipticals with Pikachu on them, bench presses themed on Machamp, and aerobics and yoga sessions done to the game and anime music with a poster of Meditite in the corner?

I can't believe I did, as I'm a Pokémon fan.
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:59 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Was I the only one who saw "Pokémon Gym" and thought of weights and ellipticals with Pikachu on them, bench presses themed on Machamp, and aerobics and yoga sessions done to the game and anime music with a poster of Meditite in the corner?

That might be a gym I was actually motivated to go to xD
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:36 am Reply with quote
That looks kinda fun, it's more closer to DDR and other arcade games that require you to move mixed with Discovery Zone.
Dark Cloud Overhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote
WashuTakahashi wrote:
leafy sea dragon wrote:

That might be a gym I was actually motivated to go to xD

Well we know for sure Ronda Rousey would go there. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1