• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Original Yu-Gi-Oh! Voice Actress Looks Back on Getting Role

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:23 pm Reply with quote
That's cool. I like Megumi's voice for the original Yugi and Yami Yugi. I could feel that darkness coming from her voice as well. lol Now when DM came, I believe Shunsuke Kazama fit the role perfectly considering Yami Yugi's personality, which is different from the original.

Would be cool to hear Megumi say "Doro! Monsta Kado!"

Samurai Deeper Kyo. Good times.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:39 pm Reply with quote
It looks like he told her that only she and Shiozawa had that darkness (at that time) of all the talented seiyu.

I can see why she could take it as a compliment, but also wonder if she if she is creepy or something.
yappers4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:49 pm Reply with quote
My favorite role of her is Nagito Komaeda from Danganronpa 2, probably her most darkest and twisted character so far.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
She's a very talented actress, and from the bits I've seen of the first YGO series, was perfect in the title roles. They should've kept her on board for the other anime.
Graceful Nanami

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:50 am Reply with quote
Continue to rest in peace, Shiozawa. Its been 15 years...
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:44 am Reply with quote
Awww i thought this title was referring to Dan Green returning to voice Yugi and Atem
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Considering Dangan and Ass-Class as recent examples (lot of her characters just seems "under a cloud", even Yukimura), this is very accurate.

Laughing the Smell of Darkness. Ogata, you're always drawn into some kind of funny thing.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:39 pm Reply with quote
In retroperspective, it's nice to see how much Shunsuke Kazama's Atem voice evolved throughout the show. Lower and... hammier! The new film might just be a screaming contest between (little) Yugi and Kaiba. But I'd like to see Kaiba using the new Blue-Eyes Alternative Dragon, which seems to be the dragon in the promotional materials, since Blue-Eyes Alternative Dragon's artwork looks more similar to the movie design than the alternative artworks of the original Blue-Eyes. After all, Blue-Eyes Alternative Dragon and Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon are released separately from the new Blue-Eyes support in Shining Victories. I really hope there will be a re-trained Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, similar like Archfiend Black Skull Dragon and Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:37 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
Awww i thought this title was referring to Dan Green returning to voice Yugi and Atem

I think even though the 4kids dub had bad edits/scripts, many people liked the voices themselves and many people liked Dan as both Yugis. KH91, made a reference to Dan since Dan also voice both Kyo/Kyoshiro.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1