• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, December 14-20

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:06 am Reply with quote
Amazing for Love Live! as always.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:14 am Reply with quote
I ordered the Love Live movie weeks ago and they sent it the 14th... still hasn't arrived and Christmas is almost heeeere! I need my gift!

Amazing that Love Live's the number 1 and the number 3! Very well done!

Also, Yuru Yuri San Hai! is 11th. Nice! And Valkyrie Drive, Gintama and School-live! I'm satisfied.

Last edited by Yuri Fan on Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:18 am; edited 2 times in total
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:16 am Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
Amazing for Love Live! as always.

Definitely the power of the code inside to apply for a ticket to the fins concert. More people are going to be double/triple more buying for just that reason.

Last edited by mewpudding101 on Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:23 am Reply with quote
Stretching the meaning of limited edition there.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:26 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Definitely the power of the code inside to apply for a ticket to the fins concert. More people are going to be double/triple more buying for just that reason.

Yeah, I saw someone on Twitter had bought 40 copies which is just insane. The dedication of Love Live! fans is on another level.

(Edit: 40, not 400! 40 is still insanely dedicated considering the price.)
Ejc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:30 am Reply with quote
[quote="mewpudding101"]
CallumKeyblade wrote:
Amazing for Love Live! as always.[/quote

The lottery is limited to 1 serial code per person, with further serial codes being invalid. Fake details won't work, as they check attendees IDs to make sure it matches with the name on the concert ticket.

Sources: http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/otonokizaka/bd.html
http://eplus.jp/lovelive2016 (where you enter the code for the lottery)

Thus, buying multple copies won't improve your chances here. Even then, you have slim chances, since Tokyo Dome only has a capacity of 55,000 seats.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:47 am Reply with quote
Got my import of Love Live last week. Glad I went with the fedex shipping so I could watch it right away. Also that 5.1ch audio OMG it looked and sounded great!
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:48 am Reply with quote
Ejc wrote:
The lottery is limited to 1 serial code per person, with further serial codes being invalid. Fake details won't work, as they check attendees IDs to make sure it matches with the name on the concert ticket.

Thus, buying multple copies won't improve your chances here. Even then, you have slim chances, since Tokyo Dome only has a capacity of 55,000 seats.

You can buy a ticket for a friend if you win though, so someone could give their extra codes to various people they know & take the "friend ticket" role if they win.
Ejc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:52 am Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
Ejc wrote:

You can buy a ticket for a friend if you win though, so someone could give their extra codes to various people they know & take the "friend ticket" role if they win.

As I said, they check the IDs of the attendees, so even if they take the friend ticket role, their ID won't match their friend's name, thus they won't be able to enter. It's just like with people trying to sell winning tickets for the 5th concert or for the fan meeting tours, they become invalid if the attendee's details doesn't match the details given on the ticket. Some people are so desperate to score tickets that they forget about this rule, and are out of pocket.

Of course they could gift serial codes to other people they know, but only that person will be able to attend the concert, not the one who gifted the serial code.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:23 am Reply with quote
How exactly did Love Live! The School Idol Movie managed to do Disney numbers? I know that this particular brand of idol anime is currently popular but this is bonkers!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:37 am Reply with quote
Ejc wrote:

I saw that, but it's not stopping people from trying lol
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:55 am Reply with quote
Those are some seriously sky-high numbers for Love Live on this ranking. Smile
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:10 am Reply with quote
Love Live Crushing everything is not new.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:20 am Reply with quote
Ejc wrote:
As I said, they check the IDs of the attendees, so even if they take the friend ticket role, their ID won't match their friend's name, thus they won't be able to enter. It's just like with people trying to sell winning tickets for the 5th concert or for the fan meeting tours, they become invalid if the attendee's details doesn't match the details given on the ticket. Some people are so desperate to score tickets that they forget about this rule, and are out of pocket.

Of course they could gift serial codes to other people they know, but only that person will be able to attend the concert, not the one who gifted the serial code.

But when you win you're allowed to buy two tickets. One for you and one for someone else. They check the ID of the winner to make sure it matches, but not the ID of the person with you. (I'm assuming yiu have to enter together) So if the people you give your codes to are willing to attend with you, you could indefinitely increase your chances.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:21 am Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Stretching the meaning of limited edition there.

The store exclusive limited editions are pretty much sold out everywhere now though, so if you consider time the more important aspect of a limited edition, it's been pretty limited. You'll be hard pressed to find the Amazon Exclusive for less than 16,000 yen now.

Yuri Fan wrote:

I ordered the Love Live movie weeks ago and they sent it the 14th... still hasn't arrived and Christmas is almost heeeere! I need my gift!

Where'd you order from and what kind of shipping did you choose? I don't think it should be taking this long unless you ordered from an obscure store somewhere and chose a really slow shipping method. If you ordered through Amazon Japan, it should have gotten to you a week ago.

I don't dislike moe or idol stuff at all, I actually enjoyed Love Live, and bought this movie, but I've gotta say, it does get a little frustrating to see this do so ridiculously well when other genuinely good properties sell so much less, literally just because they don't pander as much. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2