• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
LBX Girls (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:41 pm Reply with quote

Original Series - LBX (TV)
This Spinoff - LBX Girls (TV)

Plot Summary: In an unplanned field trip, Riko is transported to an alternate Japan where metal-based life forms known as Mimesis ravage the world. Only girls equipped with LBX armored weaponry can stand up to this scourge. Joined by four other displaced young women, Riko will have to adapt to save humanity. The hope of a planet now rests on these heavy metal soldiers who desire one wish—to return home again.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:46 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if anyone has been watching this show, but it's turned out to be one of the most fun shows of the season. It stops taking itself overly seriously (the first episode kind of gave it a bad sales pitch, and there are few serious moments here and there, but it's totally willing to goof off in a way that seem incredibly light considering the implied stakes) and episode 11 just ended with probably one of the funniest subversions of an anime trope I've seen. If you can overlook how ugly it can look, it's a great road trip show.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:12 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Kind of feels like a bit of an unceremonious ending. She self destructs (which does not kill her but makes her lose her equipment), everyone goes to save her, ED roles, and then she is back to her world where she was at the start of the series, but with more toys.

It is good if other people enjoyed this series, but I was not super into it, I have had my share of similar shows before, and none of its hooks really grabbed me that much. The Otacross character mostly made me feel uncomfortable. I don't know if he meant something more in the original series, because he mostly felt like a creepy old otaku that felt a bit creepy to the girls.

I will admit that there was probably some okay chemistry, maybe it did some funny things at times, but I generally had a hard time my attention to stick in the first place. my rating is So-so (5/10), my problem was largely having it keep my attention, but I won't say it was bad, so I am sure other people might have enjoyed it a good deal. It was mostly nice to look at.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:21 am Reply with quote
Yep, So-so was my ranking, too. I started off enjoying the show but as it went on, it started to lose steam for me. Then there was that infamous episode where they clearly ran into production issues but instead of doing an honourable recap, they rather slimely tried to pretend it was an actual episode despite having virtually no animation at all and slapping on a dialogue track that hilariously narrated action we couldn't see onscreen. Man, I hope I never run into one of those again. And yes, the resolution of the finale seemed very perfunctory. Almost like the creative staff was like, "oh let's just get this over with, already!" Still, earlier on, it had its moments.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1