• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sanrio Debuts Aggressive Retsuko TV Anime Shorts on April 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:08 am Reply with quote
Yay, a new character! I love her already. Laughing
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:52 am Reply with quote
I'm wondering what the deal is with "red pandas" these days. I'm actually playing on one those Japanese social game sites and one of the quests to finish allowed you to get your hands on two red panda statues to put in the playground, after you acquired all the equipment. I can never finish these games in the time give. That's because they want you to spend MONEEEEEY for items and I just can't spend 24 hrs playing a game either. I have a life. LOL.

But this is cool. But is she really a red panda? Cause 'Hello Kitty' isn't a cat after the huge reveal several decades later.
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:41 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
But is she really a red panda? Cause 'Hello Kitty' isn't a cat after the huge reveal several decades later.

*cough*

http://kotaku.com/dont-be-silly-hello-kitty-is-a-cat-1627820750
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:54 pm Reply with quote
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
But is she really a red panda? Cause 'Hello Kitty' isn't a cat after the huge reveal several decades later.

*cough*

http://kotaku.com/dont-be-silly-hello-kitty-is-a-cat-1627820750

Yeah, gotta laugh at that. These jokers telling US that the creators must be smoking crack. If the creators want to say she was "fat jelly toad", then who am I to judge poor 'Hello Kitty'.

Maybe it's all in our mind. Maybe, she really is a girl but our perception is that we see a cat. IT'S us That have been seeing all wrong.

Kind of like the Seinfeld episode of trying to find the spaceship. But hey, Kitty is the is the goddess of Sanrio she has no form and she is forever changing.

Okay I'm done now.
Acton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Another example ,like Show by Rock, Sanrio is trying to diversify it media distribution and character stable, Retsuko seems totally opposite of the cute and cuddly character.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:56 pm Reply with quote
So,as Nick and Judy try to solve the missing mammals case in Zootopia, apparently this is what's going on in their counterpart to Tokyo. Or whatever city Aggressive Retsuko is set in.
Inopethflames

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:13 am Reply with quote
This looks like it could be an amazing short, the red panda is very cute, I wish this trailer had been translated, but I guess it's not too important since you can see what's going on anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1