• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream School Battle Anime Hundred

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I'd joke that it is the hundredth such show, but that landmark has likely been passed already. I'll still check it out though. Monday's are usually lighter anyhow.
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:56 pm Reply with quote
That description is so formulaic that I want to gag.

-The roommate is obviously his childhood friend, whom is also obviously crushing on him.
-MC is going to be labelled or treated as one of the "weakest" in the school, but is actually ridiculously OP.
-The "Queen" has big tits and is going to easily lose to him in that fight, and of course fall for him.
-They're probably fighting in the first place because he walked in on her in a state of undress and/or "acted arrogantly" towards her.
-Even though this whole damn school thing is meant to fight aliens, there's probably battle tournaments for some freaking reason.
-MC will have no personality beyond "nice." Panties will drop.
Larkan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:09 pm Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:

-The roommate is obviously his childhood friend, whom is also obviously crushing on him.
-MC is going to be labelled or treated as one of the "weakest" in the school, but is actually ridiculously OP.
-The "Queen" has big tits and is going to easily lose to him in that fight, and of course fall for him.
-They're probably fighting in the first place because he walked in on her in a state of undress and/or "acted arrogantly" towards her.
-Even though this whole damn school thing is meant to fight aliens, there's probably battle tournaments for some freaking reason.

Yes for the first an No for the rest.
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
#854106 wrote:
BrainBlow wrote:

Yes for the first an No for the rest.

What, so MC gets trashed in the fight? That could almost be called subversive then.
*edit* Ah, yet of course one can't go without an accidental groping in the middle of a fight.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quote
This series is the most explicit Infinite Stratos clone out of all of them, but it does have some merits (actually having a threat that justifies their mechs being one of them), so I'll probably check it out. Don't expect much from it though.
K-Anime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:20 am Reply with quote
Definitely watching. Enjoyed the manga adaptation of the light novel.
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:46 am Reply with quote
It's called "Hundred" because this is the hundredth permutation on the "magic battle harem school where every female drops their panties for the self insert MC" show.

4Head
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1