• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amanchu! (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:42 am Reply with quote

Amanchu!!

Genres: Comedy, School, Shounen, Slice of Life
Themes: Diving

Plot Summary: Hikari Kohinata is a cheerful 15-year-old girl who lives near the ocean and she spends much of her time diving as a result. On her first day of high school, she meets a teacher who also likes scuba diving. There's also a 16-year-old classmate, Futaba, who gets dragged along in Hikari's maelstrom as soon as they meet at school.
----------------------------------

Based on the manga created by the same author as Aria, this is a show that I have strong expectations for. The preview looks really smooth and I think JC Staff put a good effort into it.

The slice of life atmosphere is perfect fit for Summer Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 1:

That was...so graceful and sweet. OP song is charming and comfy with a smooth tone while we get introduction of the main girls. I got some the atmospheric feel similar to Aria from the episode. Even some of the character expressions is similar.

Hikari is the funniest to watch. Futaba's appearance is really beautiful imo. Got pretty much everything I had expected from the episode and quite pleased.

There's no fan service at all despite most of the setting taking place around the beach. ED theme song is also smooth and comfy imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:17 pm Reply with quote
That was a sweet episode. I never watched Aria but I am excited to see this was done by the same author. Both OP and ED are nice relaxing songs.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:17 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

That was cute. Although I often have problems with the idea, I actually like that the art style plays up a look that is ugly enough that it actually becomes cute. It creates an odd sense of characters that has me intrigued to watch more.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:35 pm Reply with quote
I like the idea of the show, but the first ep felt a little too slow. Hikari's face is something I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to adjust to
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:56 am Reply with quote
Has some of the same qualities as Aria, but not quite the same fully relaxed release of tension that every episode of Aria instills in you. It's cute, but it's also slow in a way that reminds me more of Umi Monogatari, whereas Aria's slowness was like a leisurely stroll that very few anime can ever achieve.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 2:

This show is so beautiful, just the way it's done.

Hikari and Futaba's character chemistry is also one of the most refreshing I've seen so far this season. Truly an atmospheric series that's just perfect for the Summer. I also kinda like how that little race they had, very funny stuff. The character expressions on Hikari never gets old. Also one of the most relaxing OP songs of the season and slowly becoming my favorite this Summer.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Great episode. I love the character chemistry between Hikari (Pikari) and Futaba in this show.

The info dump is interesting about dumping coming from Katori. Man, I can listen to her lectures all day long. Very entertaining character expressions as well. They are adapting at a steady pace so far, hopefully will introduce more characters soon. But definitely very enjoyable.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:55 pm Reply with quote
While Amanchu's charm may lie in its blatant eccentricities and shallow subtext at the moment, it could prove to be quite educational. I can now humbly say that I have learned of the existence of 'drysuits' from episode two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

What I liked about the explanation was how it could be used for elsewhere in life. If you are the type that easily gets anxious, you might often find in times where you are getting stressed is that you stop or have shallow breathing, and what is kind of the best thing to do is to just keep breathing. It kind of worked that her entire experience has been her diving into a new environment, and she was faced with the instructions that she should just keep breathing and everything will be okay. On a personal level I wonder if I could keep the analogy in my head since I get anxiety.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 4:

That was really good, loved how Teko started learning more about diving with some pool training.

I thought the Pikari scene was funny too with that monkey girl, loved how they communicated w/each other non verbally. The episode itself also felt atmospheric as usual and perfect for the Summer. Been really enjoying this.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:16 am Reply with quote
I could feel the embarrassment when Pikari realised that she had mistaken the monkey mask as her underwear. I had to stop the video out of feeling it.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:25 am Reply with quote
The moment Pikari picked up the mask, she should have realized it wasn't her underwear. What ever the mask was made of, likely neoprene, it would not have felt anything like silk. I suppose she was so panicked that she wasn't thinking.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:32 am Reply with quote
Amanchu is a great show. It's cute, educational, yurific and kinda upbeat. Looking forward to new episodes every week!
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Great episode, loved all the character chemistry, comedy, and dialogues. Ai's little "rage" moment and relationship with her bro is quite amusing imo.

In particular, the diving club feels like a family now with the four cour members. Furthermore, I really like how they crafted that art in the classroom as a vivid memory, one that they'll never forget.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2