• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of June 10-16

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Man, poor ConRevo is disgustingly underrated.
msvitch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Re:Zero is back ta the top! and STRONG!
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, but it didn't catch up to Jojo for the overall. It's gotta be close, though, since it beat out Jojo by a significant margin (4.6-4.2) for comparable episodes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:16 pm Reply with quote
The cumulative ranking still looks very reflective of the general sentiment of the fandom. Kabaneri keeps falling down, but it makes sense because it has not been that good and exciting in the last few episodes.

I think there is a good chance that Re:Zero ends at the top of the cumulative ranking for Spring. But even if it does not end up as number this season, (assuming it will be two uninterrupted cours) with all its very positive momentum, Re:Zero could end up number one at the end of the Summer season.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:01 pm Reply with quote
It's a treat seeing Sailor Moon Crystal so high. 20 years later and the series is still going strong.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:10 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:

To be fair, that is one show that's tough to crack casually unless you have like liner notes on hand or read the episode reviews here just for better context.
LightYapper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:47 pm Reply with quote
So My Hero Academia made it back in top 5 for cumulative rankings, but I'm skeptical to whether that will stay till the end as from what I'd read in the manga, the conclusion for that arc felt less powerful or conclusive to me.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:01 am Reply with quote
When ratings change from people rating after the cutoff date, does that get reflected in the stats, or is where the episode stood at first calculation the only number that gets used? I presume the graphs you publish in the article don't get updated retroactively, but do the new graphs update each week, or is the old data just carried over?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:33 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
FilthyCasual wrote:

To be fair, that is one show that's tough to crack casually unless you have like liner notes on hand or read the episode reviews here just for better context.
Still considering how well received episode 23 was, I expected a higher ranking this week, I suppose some of the other shows were also well received.
SailorNaruto wrote:
It's a treat seeing Sailor Moon Crystal so high. 20 years later and the series is still going strong.
Yeah that is surprising, I know the show like DBZ has a big fanbase since it was a Cartoon network hit back in the 90s. But I hear a lot of people complain about Crystal as apparently like the original it has very bad animation, only people are not tolerating it this time around. As well as it being closer to the Manga rather than the TV show.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:11 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:

I know, right? I just wish the last arc wasn't so rushed.
crx07

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:38 pm Reply with quote
I noticed that JoJo average rating is around 4.2 in ep 11 and 12. What happened to JoJo?
Re:Zero is not slowing down after the end of arc 2. If this trend continues, Re:Zero may overtake Jojo in cumulative rankings next week or next two weeks.
hatachi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:35 am Reply with quote
crx07 wrote:
I noticed that JoJo average rating is around 4.2 in ep 11 and 12. What happened to JoJo?
Re:Zero is not slowing down after the end of arc 2. If this trend continues, Re:Zero may overtake Jojo in cumulative rankings next week or next two weeks.

Re:Zero had better take over Jojo this week, considering it's been outranking Jojo 8 weeks in a row.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1