• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Power Rangers Film's Teaser Poster Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm really liking this teaser poster for the new Power Rangers film especially how the stars align to form the shape of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers lighting bolt and I eagerly await the first teaser trailer. Very Happy
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:24 am Reply with quote
I look at this, and all I see is dumb teenage romance/drama flick.

Oh, wait, that's probably what we'll get, too.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

Oh look, someone else jumping into a news/interest piece just to piss on it when they have nothing to actually add to the conversation. How unique and refreshing. Smile

I actually grew up with Power Rangers and was a fan for many years. I still have my reservations about the new movie and the apparent desire to make it more...cool for lack of better word. I mean I get updating Rita's look but they sure went into left field with it compared to the original. I am happy to hear Bryan Cranston is in it but just because you have some good actors does not mean the movie is guaranteed to be good. Hello Blood Rayne. For me the biggest thing is going to be how the Zords look. With how they've "updated" Rita's look it makes me wonder what the Zords will look like. And also how the obvious CGI to make them will look itself. I'm wondering if they'll look sort of like the Jaegers in Pacific Rim in terms of CGI.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Dessa wrote:

Oh look, someone else jumping into a news/interest piece just to piss on it when they have nothing to actually add to the conversation. How unique and refreshing. :)

I'm sorry, but how is voicing my opinion on how the poster does nothing to portray anything that the movie is about, and leads it to look like something completely different adding nothing to the conversation?

Furthermore, if you'll look, I've been commenting in most of the threads on the movie, and I have been thoroughly disgusted with everything I have seen.

I also grew up with Power Rangers. I actually just finished a rewatch of every single episode, in order, for the 20th anniversary. I've also watched a few seasons of Super Sentai (still pissed at how they adapted Gokaiger). I still think that this is going to be crap, and I don't appreciate being called out by a moderator who disagrees with my opinion as "adding nothing to the conversation," for calling out that I dislike the way something looks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1