• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: High Speed! Is 4th Free! Blu-ray to Top Weekly Chart

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:50 am Reply with quote
Congrats!! Well I've already ordered my limited edition copy on Sunday from CD Japan but I opted for the SAL mail so I won't expect to see it until mid August. I will double dip if the film gets an English dub of course.

I hope KyoAni will try another female aimed series since Free! performed well in disk and merchandise sales. Other than Violet Evergarden, the Silent Voice film, and Sound! season 2, they haven't announced any 2017 anime yet. What could be their next hit?
Afezeria

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
Great to see Kyoto Animation ranking up in strings of success.
quaton

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:36 am Reply with quote
Congrats, my blu-ray disc is still on its way here though.
To be honest I would really like to see a High Speed! TV anime.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:04 am Reply with quote
keichitsu0305 wrote:
I hope KyoAni will try another female aimed series since Free! performed well in disk and merchandise sales. Other than Violet Evergarden, the Silent Voice film, and Sound! season 2, they haven't announced any 2017 anime yet. What could be their next hit?

But Free is shounen like all the other sports anime, innit?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:45 am Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
keichitsu0305 wrote:

Not even five posts in and we're already getting "Free was actually meant for men all along" Rolling Eyes
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quote
Congratulations to High Speed dominating the Oricon chart! Smile It was quite a thrilling film!
xyz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote
It's my wishful thinking that they will make a sequel about MakoHaru in college. I miss those boys.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Good for High Speed. It may not have the most stellar sales, but I'm sure it churned some profit. I wanna see more bishounen type series from KyoAni. Hopefully after their work on Silent Voice they will.

Lord Oink wrote:
keichitsu0305 wrote:

Every time without fail, but no. It specifically targeted female otaku.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
Congrats KyoAni! But seriously I didn't expect that it would sell decently since everyone konda wanted a Free! sequel not a prequel version, but after I've watched it it's quite good and (too) emotional lol.

[quote="CrowLia"][quote="Lord Oink"]
keichitsu0305 wrote:

Not even five posts in and we're already getting "Free was actually meant for men all along" Rolling Eyes

Actually the demographic might be for female audience but the story is intended for everyone, Well you don't see a Shoujo or Josei tag in it do you? It's a sports + slice of life anime, it means that just like any other sports out there anyone can watch it. Actually the fanservice is only for the Season 1 but in Season 2 it's woosh gone, its like how Clannad is based from a dating sims for guys... S1 was a harem fanservice for the guys but when S2 came boom, Just like Free! The story is much more focused than the fanservice, because it was intended that everyone can watch it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1