• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tiger Mask W Casts Yuichiro Umehara, Kenichi Suzumura, Suzuko Mimori, More

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:
In addition, New Japan Pro-Wrestling wrestler Kazuchika Okada, who will appear in the anime as himself, will also attend the event to talk about the anime.

What a lacklustre choice! This anime could have transcended genres and demographics if Toru Yano had been involved instead, I say.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jtron

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I've heard there's other NJPW wrestlers who'll be appearing, it's not just Okada. My question is whether New Japan will introduce new Tiger Mask/Tiger the Dark characters; the fourth Tiger Mask still appears on their shows sometimes, but he's getting a big long in the tooth. Rocky Romero has appeared as Black Tiger in the past, too, but he's in a popular tag team and doesn't look anything like the anime's Tiger the Dark.
SpiritualRemains

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Quote:
In addition, New Japan Pro-Wrestling wrestler Kazuchika Okada, who will appear in the anime as himself, will also attend the event to talk about the anime.

What a lacklustre choice! This anime could have transcended genres and demographics if Toru Yano had been involved instead, I say.

He'll be carrying around the DVDs when he wrestles!
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Someone in Toei really likes Kazuchika Okada. It's the second time he appears in their series already.
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Okada is amazing in the ring. Watch him. He's even better than Seth Rollins.
SpiritualRemains

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:02 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Someone in Toei really likes Kazuchika Okada. It's the second time he appears in their series already.

Well, he is New Japan's golden boy right now. It's not too different from how John Cena is everywhere these days.

I'm hoping for some sort of Tiger Mask Vs. Bullet Club arc just so we can get Kenny Omega in anime form.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Why the heck didn't I see this sooner? A new Tiger Mask anime? Yes please!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1