• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Yakuza 6 Gets Its Own PlayStation 4 Variant Console

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Gosh, that makes me nostalgia hard. I bought the 80GB Metal Gear PS3 back in the day that had backwards compatibility so I could play MGS4 and Yakuza 3.

Little did I know then that Sega would strip all of the personality out of Yakuza 3 and leave only the bare skeleton of what had the potential to be my favorite game ever made (given that Yakuza 2 is one of my fav PS2 games of all time).

Eventually, my PS3 would YLoD....MGS4 wasn't my favorite, and we all know now how Konami & the MGS series has ended up. Sega finally gave Yakuza 4 and 5 a release, but as large as the games are, Yakuza 5 being digital-only is a pretty big storage space commitment. Never got Kenzan....never got Ishin.....

Having not finished Yakuza 3, or even started 4 or 5 at this point, any desire to buy a PS4 or even feel anticipation for Yakuza 6 after all this time has been procedurally beaten out of me.

Now please excuse me as I fire up Yakuza 2 and play some Shogi while I cry myself to sleep.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1