• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals English Dub Cast for 91 Days Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Kind of surprised Austin is the lead; I thought it would be Jason Liebrecht. Also haven't seen Newton Pittman in a major broadcast dub role - nice.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Literally Who: The Cast.

I'm a little upset they didn't use the Baccano! cast. But at least it's directed by the guy who directed that dub.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Hazelll

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Mmm.. not what I expected but still can't wait to hear it tonight. Hope they bring out those accents lol
The sub was actually really good and fitting for the characterd despite the era so big shoes to fill imo
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:33 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

I'm a little upset they didn't use the Baccano! cast. But at least it's directed by the guy who directed that dub.

Well, I suppose the closest they did to this was that Tatum and Caitlin played an incidental character in the 1st episode, per the listing.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:15 am Reply with quote
Tatum isn't Nero? I thought he'd be perfect for the role Confused
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:23 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I was automatically looking for Tatum's name in the line up, only to find out spoiler[he's gonna die quicker then I thought.] Anime smile + sweatdrop
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

And it does have Sean Hennigan (Maiza) and Jason Liebrecht (Luck) from Baccano. Hopefully they do a similar thing for Bungo Stray Dogs when they dub it.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
Looking at its ANN Encyclopedia entry, I counted 67 supporting/minor/bit characters. That is a lot. With so many, chances are we may hear Tatum, Caitlin, and others in other bit parts. Also, given this story's set in 1930s USA with Italian mobsters, I would really like to hear accents. It gives a bit more realism.
Hazelll

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:56 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

And it does have Sean Hennigan (Maiza) and Jason Liebrecht (Luck) from Baccano. Hopefully they do a similar thing for Bungo Stray Dogs when they dub it.

None in the main roles though :/
Unknownsage13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:58 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Funimation has been getting a ton more new actors and using their recurring ones more often.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:46 am Reply with quote
Back when we were all giving our guesses on VAs, I said Jason Liebrecht for Angelo, but no he's voicing someone else. The main cast is very disappointing, a bunch of nobodies, you would think they would pull out the big guns for this one(whoever Funis big guns are?).

When Aniplex dubbed Fate/Zero they got industry veterans out left right and centre, was hoping for a similar effort here given how eagerly everyone has awaited the dub.
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:07 am Reply with quote
Awww that's so cool Brandon McInnis is in this! So that's what Tatum meant when he said his boyfriend was in the booth at Funimation. I can't wait to hear him and Tatum together. Fangirling so hard right now. Surprised
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:47 am Reply with quote
I feel like I'm the only one who really understands that FUNi is going to do like they did with Baccano! and use lesser-known VAs in the main roles to really get them out there.

Even so, love the fact that Isaac and Miria are voicing Angelo's parents.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:12 am Reply with quote
Interesting dub cast and I for one can't wait to see them in action. Smile
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
I feel like I'm the only one who really understands that FUNi is going to do like they did with Baccano! and use lesser-known VAs in the main roles to really get them out there.

Even so, love the fact that Isaac and Miria are voicing Angelo's parents.

Exactly!

MarshalBanana wrote:
Back when we were all giving our guesses on VAs, I said Jason Liebrecht for Angelo, but no he's voicing someone else. The main cast is very disappointing, a bunch of nobodies, you would think they would pull out the big guns for this one(whoever Funis big guns are?).

When Aniplex dubbed Fate/Zero they got industry veterans out left right and centre, was hoping for a similar effort here given how eagerly everyone has awaited the dub.

All of these actors can become big names eventually. Not to mention the Fate dub is kind of a sour patch since they recast almost everyone (Bryce Papenbrook replacing Sam Riegel? Really?) As for Funimation's big guns, they're mostly the same, but now include names like Austin Tindle, Bryn Apprill, Alexis Tipton, Josh Grelle, and Ian Sinclair, in addition to established ones like Colleen Clinkenbeard, Chris Sabat, J Michael Tatum, Monica Rial, Todd Haberkorn, Brina Palencia, Eric Vale, Jamie Marchi, Trina Nishimura, Caitlin Glass, etc - all while names like Travis Willingham, Laura Bailey, Vic Mignogna, and Troy Baker have pretty much left the company entirely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2