• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA to Screen 3rd Kizumonogatari Film in U.S. Theaters Starting on April 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTsunami

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Coincidentally the same day that Funimation is to begin screening Your Name.
Nyren

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:11 pm Reply with quote
As happy as I am that more anime films are coming to theaters, did they ever screen the first two movies? It seems weird to be putting the third movie in theaters if those two were never shown in theaters.

Also, I know next to nothing about the Monogatari series, just that its got a billion installments by this point, but isn't the content on the strange side?
Vannil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
As happy as I am that more anime films are coming to theaters, did they ever screen the first two movies? It seems weird to be putting the third movie in theaters if those two were never shown in theaters.

Also, I know next to nothing about the Monogatari series, just that its got a billion installments by this point, but isn't the content on the strange side?

Yes the previous two were given a limited release. Also that has been done for other anime films like One Piece: Gold and most anime series theatrics releases .

The book this trilogy is based on is probably the least weird one of the Monogatari arcs. Outside of the fan service parts, it is a pretty good vampire story and from what I've seen of the animation its really pretty to look at, to say the least.
Nyren

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Vannil wrote:
Nyren wrote:

Yes the previous two were given a limited release. Also that has been done for other anime films like One Piece: Gold and most anime series theatrics releases .

The book this trilogy is based on is probably the least weird one of the Monogatari arcs. Outside of the fan service parts, it is a pretty good vampire story and from what I've seen of the animation its really pretty to look at, to say the least.
Hmm. Maybe I should get around to watching them at some point.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:50 pm Reply with quote
One big downside to where I now reside is that there are no theaters showing anime. Closest one is about three hours away. Never thought I'd miss Tempe this much! (lol)
Tensai GinAce

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:57 pm Reply with quote
No Canadian screening for the second and third ?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1