• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mobile Suit Gundam Twilight AXIS Novel Gets Net Anime in June

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oby

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Amiantos wrote:
I personally felt the story of Unicorn largely painted the Zeon as victims of the war who pretty much were "forced" to gas colonies and drop them because they had no choice. Fed corruption like you said was nothing new and honestly hope this isn't another zeon fanwank series. I haven't read anything on the novels yet but if Tristan Gundam is the "enemy" and the Zaku III Cusotm is the "hero" I can't hope for much then.

Not exactly. It doesn't really painted the Zeon as complete victims, it painted most of the spacenoids as victims. Remember that Zabi's Zeon doesn't really represent all the suffering spacenoids. They just use their suffering for their own gain. Marida's heartfelt conversation to Banagher in Palau is a testament to that. Amids the poverty and suffering, the colonists needed a light to replace god, and Zeon provided that light. It can't be helped that Zabi's enemy, the Federation, was indeed guilty of oppression to spacenoids, so the Zeon is at least half-right in their pursue of independence. All that could've been prevented if the Federation government weren't being oppressive a-holes towards most of the colonists since UC 0001. And the Titans made it even worse.

About GTA and the Gundam "villain": spoiler[We're actually following a special ops team who work directly under the Federation government called Mastema. Our MCs are former Neo-Zeon-members who agree to help Mastema in their mission. Oh, and the Gundam being the villain coz the pilot works for the Ronah Family (or at least Meitzer Ronah)].
megazero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:51 am Reply with quote
So good to hear that more "old-school" Gundam anime is being released.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:14 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, keep churning out these UC OVAs. I don't think there has been one I haven't enjoyed, which is more than I can say of the TV series after 00. Unicorn, The Origin, and Thunderbolt count among my favorites in the franchise in fact, and this one doesn't seem like it will buck that trend. Though if they are doing UC, they ought to do Crossbone at some point.

that is probably not gonna happen since crossbone didn't get that much praise. its a safe bet that their probably gonna end the unicorn era with this series and concentrate on thunderbolt.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:23 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

its a safe bet that their probably gonna end the unicorn era with this series and concentrate on thunderbolt.

Nope, we still get U.C. 0094: Across The Sky, U.C. 0096: Last Sun and U.C. 0105: Hathaway's Flash. I more interested with Hathaway's Flash than Crossbone.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:19 am Reply with quote
Have you read Hathaway's Flash? It's pretty bad. Crossbone isn't exactly great, either, but it's got some solid humor that might make an animation worthwhile.

Re:Unicorn, the problem with LaPlace' Box (beyond the fact that it's little more than a MacGuffin) is that at its core it promised something that it was *never* going to be able to deliver. We already know what's going to happen to the Universal Century, and why. All the Box does is give us an additional, much more contrived explanation that makes less sense the more you think about it.

It was pretty stupid.

Anyway, what worries me the most is that it's been a long time since we've had a decent Gundam protagonist. Barney was shit, and literally every character in Thunderbolt is just a generic asshole. Really hope the new characters are at least interesting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3