• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trying to login with Facebook returns "Invalid credentials" error. On Mobile & Desktop

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N_BONKERS_P

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:01 am Reply with quote
I've been having this issue for a few months now. And there's no outlet for me to contact anyone for tech support. So I made another account using twitter.

I cannot figure out what the issue is and find it hard to see no one else is having the problem.

I've tried on Firefox & Chrome on desktop and Firefox on Android. Same error.
On FF I have ABP, but it's disabled for ANN. I dont' have ABP on Chrome.

I am very confused.
Is there a way I can convert my account over to an email based one?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for reporting this issue. Thankfully it was just a matter of updating some software to work with the latest version of the Facebook login. So you can use Facebook to login again.

For reference, when you login with Facebook they send us your email address, so you *should* be able to use the "forgot password" link.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
MrBonk

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Thanks a ton. Working now. Good to know about the email thing. I'll probably just use that for the future.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1