• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klv
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:24 pm Reply with quote
One Punch Man is also available streaming on Netflix.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was going to be a harem too when I first saw the title and premise, though that doesn't deter me, which made for a pleasant surprise when it was actually good (wasn't the first or last time that happened to me. Re:Zero anyone?). Well animated fights scenes are great, but combined with a smartly designed fantasy world and some great characters and development you get something greater than what you would expect from such a title. While I wouldn't say it is the best such example, I would say that it is the kind of series that makes me think one shouldn't be so dismissive of LNs and their anime adaptations (or at least completely).

Sword Oratoria isn't at the same level, but there may be hope yet.
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:34 am Reply with quote
I loved the show enough to buy the collector's edition. But I don't have anywhere to put it. It's so damn big and oddly shaped.
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:04 am Reply with quote
Now if only Sword Oratoria would be just as good
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Spike Terra wrote:
I loved the show enough to buy the collector's edition. But I don't have anywhere to put it. It's so damn big and oddly shaped.

The shape is a little odd, but it's actually smaller than I was expecting based on the photos released before the street date. Luckily, it's just the right height to fit on my bookcase that I'm using to house my nice box sets.

This may actually be my favorite Sentai PE so far. I really loved Amagi's set, but this one had more thought and originality out into the box design. Not to mention, the poster is smaller and could be rolled instead of folded, so it didn't end up with crease lines like their other posters. I really love it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1