• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Fox Spirit Matchmaker, 13th Episode of Interviews with Monster Girls Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Maister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:43 am Reply with quote
Sad to see CR left to pick up the less interesting animu this season ... This is gonna be another one of those Chinese animation that is good in China but to the rest of the world = crap ... Cough Bloodivores , Gin no Guardian and Hitori no Shita ...

But at least King Avatar was the real shit ! So who knows maybe maybe !
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:00 am Reply with quote
Daniel Maister wrote:
Sad to see CR left to pick up the less interesting animu this season ... This is gonna be another one of those Chinese animation that is good in China but to the rest of the world = crap ... Cough Bloodivores , Gin no Guardian and Hitori no Shita ...

But at least King Avatar was the real shit ! So who knows maybe maybe !

I've heard positive things about the story at least so it might be worthwhile in that regard. We'll know soon enough as it comes out tomorrow.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:02 am Reply with quote
One more episode of Interviews with Monster Girls? Yes, please! It was my favorite show of the winter season, so this pleases me.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:38 am Reply with quote
Fox Spirit Matchmaker is something that I've actually enjoyed quite a bit. The animation is bad there is no getting around that but it's pretty weird and funny at times. I'm currently watching season 4!! Would love to see Funimation announce a dub for it though like the Silver Guardian. That would be a blast.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:11 am Reply with quote
An extra episode and a cheap looking Chinese cartoon from 2015... really weak. I do expect CR to get whatever Anime Strike doesn't have this season, sadly there isn't much left that interests me that Amazon don't have.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:31 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
One more episode of Interviews with Monster Girls? Yes, please! It was my favorite show of the winter season, so this pleases me.

Hopefully will come back around to dub it either as a extra simuldub or as an extra on the set when it comes out.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:50 am Reply with quote
I've seen the Chinese of Fox Spirit Matchmaker and it's... weird... to say the least. Episodes are only 15ish minutes.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Actually the story of the Chinese one is actually pretty damn good. The animation is acceptable, nothing special, but better then bottom of the barrel anime we've had every season. If they dub this right it will be a fun ride.
Kosaka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I didn't think episode 13 of "Interviews with Monster Girls" was as good as the previous 12 episodes, but the posts I've seen on ANN and Crunchyroll haven't shared that view.

The interview with an invisible girl after the closing credits was taken from a bonus chapter in volume 4 of the manga.

In the manga, right before the bonus chapter, it says:
The following bonus chapter, "Out of Sight—Doesn't Mind," is based on the winning entry from the "We Want More Demis!" contest run by Niconico Seiga.

Right after the bonus chapter it says:
Will invisible people appear in the main story?
Sorry, I can't see that far ahead...

I wonder if Funimation will dub episode 13 in the near future, since they "simuldubbed" the previous episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1