• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gainax Makes Zero Century Anime Film Trilogy Based on Leiji Matsumoto's Stories

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:36 am Reply with quote
Gainax and Matsumoto? Sold!
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:46 am Reply with quote
I hope Gainax stays in business long enough to make it to the Maetel movie.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:50 am Reply with quote
Each movie being spaced almost 3 years apart better mean they will be good. This might also suggest they are working on each movie one at a time. This is because if they currently working on each movie simultaneously, we wouldn't be waiting almost a decade for the 3rd movie.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:05 am Reply with quote
The very fact that Gainax still has the wherewithal to produce anything is cause for relief, let alone the fact they are dealing with prestige franchises.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Israfael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I will enjoy this Series of Movies in 2020, yeah, just like I enjoyed Aoki Uru in 2016, and the Overture in Spring 2015...oh...wait...
GainaxFanboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:07 pm Reply with quote
As the screenwriter for my personal favorite gundam 0080,i'm confident hiroyuki yamaga is gonna make this movie worthwile
the green death

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh hell yeah!
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Yes !!! an anime for Captain Harlock & Emeraldes (not CG) then i am sold !

I hope more classic shows make a return this way.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
The very fact that Gainax still has the wherewithal to produce anything is cause for relief, let alone the fact they are dealing with prestige franchises.

I would take this press release with a spoon of salt. ATM Gainax is not in good financial shape, so I bet they are trying to attract external investors to make this movies, which would be dandy if they do not use said money just to stay afloat. Their productions in the past last five years have been lackluster (in 2016 they didn't produce anything at all). IMO Gainax is a has been, the last good series they produced IMO was P&S w/G and their talent pool has moved to Studio Trigger. But well, let's see if next year they release Uru in Blue before we start believing everything they say.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:04 pm Reply with quote
GainaxFanboy wrote:
As the screenwriter for my personal favorite gundam 0080,i'm confident hiroyuki yamaga is gonna make this movie worthwile

I like Yamaga, yet I didn't know this and enjoyed both. Today i learned, indeed.
Helius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:53 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Each movie being spaced almost 3 years apart better mean they will be good. This might also suggest they are working on each movie one at a time. This is because if they currently working on each movie simultaneously, we wouldn't be waiting almost a decade for the 3rd movie.

You say this, but I wish Anno had made the Evangelion films at the same time so he wouldn't change his mind after every film to the point of having another depression episode, or simply head off for his other hobby projects.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:56 am Reply with quote
Oh boy, I love me some Leiji Matsumoto content, especially the Harlock branch. Will definitely watch this.
Del Rey Amontillado

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I hope Gainax won't join Manglobe and Artland before they finish this trilogy. I am quite fascinated by this announcement.
stararnold

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:16 pm Reply with quote
First anime production of the 2020s I look forward to seeing, if it gets licensed for Region 1 distribution that is.

Meanwhile, Leiji Matsumoto still has yet to provide updates regarding the next stage of production for his live-action Galaxy Express 999 movie. Same goes for his planned anime film Cosmo Super Dreadnaught Mahoroba. He hasn't even said anything about when will his Star Blazers-like anime series Zero Desigze be launched or if it has been shelved.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1