• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Announces Premiere Dates for More Simuldub Titles

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GolfDude

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:23 pm Reply with quote
it seems like they altered their release time strategy.. when they started, they wanted to group them all together from 8pm onward.. now they are doing daytime releases for the bulk of this season..
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:30 pm Reply with quote
GolfDude wrote:
it seems like they altered their release time strategy.. when they started, they wanted to group them all together from 8pm onward.. now they are doing daytime releases for the bulk of this season..

Probably due to it being the summer.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Funimation will continue to offer simuldubs for My Hero Academia (Saturdays at 5:30 a.m. EDT)

While this is still true, FUNi announced on their blog that the next dubbed episode would be delayed until the 29th, meaning the dub will be behind the sub by 2 weeks. They originally promised that only the first 6 episodes would get the same-day treatment, so I personally find it impressive that they kept up with the Japanese broadcast for as long as they did. Smile
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:58 pm Reply with quote
I had a feeling they were going to be based off that tweet from yesterday but guess its confirmed now...its a shame since there selection is not very diverse. I guess the theme was summer romance and sequels? Oh well...
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
I had a feeling they were going to be based off that tweet from yesterday but guess its confirmed now...its a shame since there selection is not very diverse. I guess the theme was summer romance and sequels? Oh well...

They may announce more, considering they did 17 last season and are only doing 15 this one. Who knows.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In addition, Funimation will launch the first six episodes of the English dub of New Game!'s first season on July 14 and episodes 7-12 on July 28.

YEEEESSSSS!!!! NEW GAME IS FINALLY GETTING A DUB!

So excited. I will really look forward when it starts streaming on their site. Who will they cast I wonder?
Teraman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:06 pm Reply with quote
CANimeFan88 wrote:
Quote:
In addition, Funimation will launch the first six episodes of the English dub of New Game!'s first season on July 14 and episodes 7-12 on July 28.

YEEEESSSSS!!!! NEW GAME IS FINALLY GETTING A DUB!

So excited. I will really look forward when it starts streaming on their site. Who will they cast I wonder?

You don't have to wonder any more.

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/07/14/new-game-season-1-english-cast-announcement/
SkerllyFC07

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:52 pm Reply with quote
{Edit}: OT flamebait removed. ~ Psycho 101}
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand what you are saying skerllyFC.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Shonen Jump Weekly is a word filter Zac installed when someone uses a certain phrase that has the same initials as the filter. Basically Skerlly doesn't want any more Jamie Marchi scripting shenanigans, like Maid Dragon, since more will just drive people to avoid funi, not buy their stuff and just use fansubs, thus harming the R1 Industry
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Are you guys referring to that one line in that inconsequential scene? Can't you find something else to cry about? Perhaps the awful dub lineup?
Teraman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:53 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
since more will just drive people to avoid funi, not buy their stuff and just use fansubs, thus harming the R1 Industry

Doubtful, since it took people over two months to "discover" the "problem" with Dragon Maid's dub. Not to mention that it's far from Funimation's most egregiously rewritten show.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Oh that phrase oh please give me a break. I despise that phrase so much.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Funimation is dubbing just about everything I'm watching this summer not to mention both seasons of New Game so it looks like this is going to be a good summer for me. Cool
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:56 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Shonen Jump Weekly is a word filter Zac installed when someone uses a certain phrase that has the same initials as the filter. Basically Skerlly doesn't want any more Jamie Marchi scripting shenanigans, like Maid Dragon, since more will just drive people to avoid funi, not buy their stuff and just use fansubs, thus harming the R1 Industry

The term is filtered by the way because 99% of the time it's just a stupid insult used by trolls to stir the pot and sling mud instead of actually having some sort of actual conversation with actual opinions. Basically just loud mouths on the net acting as such. Since 9 times out of 10 it's completely off topic and threads go to shit once people started tossing it around, as Skerlly did, it was decided to just filter out the phrase. Speaking of that Skerlly if you have nothing to say on the actual topic just move on and spare everyone the flamebait.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2