• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kimeru Performs Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Anime's New Opening Theme

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:04 am Reply with quote
Holy crap! What a bomb. Kimeru is returning to Yugioh after 14 years. VRAINS has so much in common with Duel Monsters. Same staff, composer, time slot (Day and time), now OP singer. Can't wait to hear his song. I know it'll be epic.
Niyari

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:35 pm Reply with quote
even though i haven't kept up with yugioh since lightsworn meta, overlap is one of my all time favorite opening themes so i'm really looking forward to how this turns out
1dbad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Hyped for the return of Kimeru. Hope this opening is just as great.

KH91 wrote:
Holy crap! What a bomb. Kimeru is returning to Yugioh after 14 years. VRAINS has so much in common with Duel Monsters. Same staff, composer, time slot (Day and time), now OP singer. Can't wait to hear his song. I know it'll be epic.

I'm really loving seeing so many people from the original anime returning. Even the setting reminds me of Duel Monsters' Virtual World arc.
Generations

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Cool. I really love VRAIN's first opening, so this'll be interesting to see and hear.

I just wish I could like VRAINs itself as much. Out of all the Yugioh's, it's definitely the most boring so far. The protagonist is so blah, his alien sidekick is annoying, and the main female duelist spoiler[already got comatosed TWICE as a plot point.]

This is one where I can't wait for the dub to hopefully add a ton of extra dialogue to not make it such a snore. I should not be falling asleep watching the weirdest show about card games.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:48 pm Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
KH91 wrote:

I'm really loving seeing so many people from the original anime returning. Even the setting reminds me of Duel Monsters' Virtual World arc.

Funny thing is that the composer, for example, skipped The Dark Side of Dimensions then 1 year later is working on the next Yugioh series. lol Well, I'd say they read Yugioh Transcend Game first then continued from that idea to make VRAINS. lol
1dbad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:06 am Reply with quote
Generations wrote:
I just wish I could like VRAINs itself as much. Out of all the Yugioh's, it's definitely the most boring so far. The protagonist is so blah, his alien sidekick is annoying, and the main female duelist spoiler[already got comatosed TWICE as a plot point.]

Yugioh series tend to get better as they go along, so there's still hope.

KH91 wrote:
Funny thing is that the composer, for example, skipped The Dark Side of Dimensions then 1 year later is working on the next Yugioh series. lol Well, I'd say they read Yugioh Transcend Game first then continued from that idea to make VRAINS. lol

It's weird he didn't come back for The Dark Side of Dimensions. The score was nice but I would have rather had the OG composer do it. Oh yes, the idea definitely comes from Transcend Game. I was just thinking the Noah arc might have been a potential source of inspiration for Takahashi.
Thaumana

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Always enjoyed the current OP though. But since I was also a big fan of Overlap I looking forward to the new one.

Generations wrote:

Yeah same. It's a pity how the female characters are treated here. But it's not the only weakpoint the show has to deal with. Also it might set a new record of recap episodes for a single season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1