• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tomohiro Matsu's Märchen Mädchen Light Novels Get Anime, Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
8lacKy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:11 am Reply with quote
Fairy Girls? Not quite, that would be "Feen Mädchen" - "Märchen Mädchen" means "Fable Girls / Fairy Tale Girls".

So, a fantasy story written by the author of PapaKiki.. but it has a female mc and apparently no love interest (at least that's what it sounds like)? Could be fun, color me interested. I don't really get the idea behind an anime adaptation of a story that will never be continued, though. Why advertise that? Fairly sure that a prod. committee wouldn't go through the whole process of funding an anime as some kind of tribute, that's just not how the industry works... Even though there's another adaptation of one of Matsu's works coming soon. Pretty weird that~
Robiii

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:39 am Reply with quote
8lacKy wrote:
I don't really get the idea behind an anime adaptation of a story that will never be continued, though. Why advertise that? Fairly sure that a prod. committee wouldn't go through the whole process of funding an anime as some kind of tribute, that's just not how the industry works... Even though there's another adaptation of one of Matsu's works coming soon. Pretty weird that~
I also thought at first that its a very silly idea, but then one guy told me that they could simply write an original ending to the anime and kinda have an conclusion to the novels. When i heard that it all made sense ^^
Random Name

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:48 am Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:
I also thought at first that its a very silly idea, but then one guy told me that they could simply write an original ending to the anime and kinda have an conclusion to the novels. When i heard that it all made sense ^^
Sounds like he already finished before he passed away.
Quote:
The light novel series is based on a concept that Matsu had worked on for three years and completed before he passed away.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:29 am Reply with quote
I see. This was also by the late author of PapaKiki. The premise does sound interesting and could actually be developed in a lot of different ways.

To be honest, I'm more interested with Hatena Illusion right now. But depending on the staff, this might end up good.
elior1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:25 am Reply with quote
sounds intresting. i will wait to see the staff and studio before judge it
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:05 am Reply with quote
RIP to the author Tomohiro Matsu. This one is intriguing. I am always down for all-girls shows.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:14 am Reply with quote
Always sad to see when the author passes away befor finishing it as he wished, only thing i hope is that he left enough notes around so they can work around on that and give it as much as possible close ending to what the author imagined.
Dracospirit121

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:14 am Reply with quote
Odd to adopt a LN work who's creators died, since anime is typicaly used to premote book sales.... wonder what the sales plan is here?
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:00 am Reply with quote
I liked PapaKiki so I'll give this a try. Considering this is the 2nd Matsu work to get another anime, shouldn't they be calling it "Project Matsu" now?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:12 am Reply with quote
Dracospirit121 wrote:
Odd to adopt a LN work who's creators died, since anime is typicaly used to premote book sales.... wonder what the sales plan is here?

Promoting the Manga? Also, not all anime are to promote LNs, otherwise original anime would never happen.

I actually have a (digital) copy of this I picked up for the Kantoku art.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:13 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Always sad to see when the author passes away befor finishing it as he wished, only thing i hope is that he left enough notes around so they can work around on that and give it as much as possible close ending to what the author imagined.

Another important thing is when the publisher or the author's estate determines who will be the author to finish a series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1