• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Calamity of a Zombie Girl (ONA).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:03 am Reply with quote

Calamity of a Zombie Girl (ONA)

Genres: horror
Themes: zombies

Plot Summary: A beautiful girl named Euphrosyne is regretfully a zombie. Euphrosyne wakes up in an underground archive of a university, where a maid named Alma tells her, "Madam, kill the students and retrieve the 'Secret Stone.'"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:11 am Reply with quote
Is this a first ep of a series, or is it a one shot? I thought it showed a lot of effort, and was pretty well made. Some humor, quite a bit of violence, and some nudity, but not in the fan service style.

One fight had spoiler[an extended ending to the point of being a bit much, but it was arguably a loss of temper. ]

I'm not a big fan of horror, thrillers, or gore, so it's hard for me to "rate" it. I think horror fans will find it to their liking, probably.

I am going to be that guy about the physics of one major fighting "move." Actually, spoiler[ the zombie hanging by a rope from a church bell and pulling the bell out of the church steeple by bracing her feet on the church wall is impossible. Particularly at that angle. Even if she had the strength, she doesn't have the traction.]

Something similar is wrong with the gym and the spoiler[basketballs.] Newton's second law applies to a person with ordinary mass and traction spoiler[ accelerating things with enough energy to smash into a wall like that. The thrower would go smashing into the opposite wall.]

We do see this in lots of shows with extraordinary fights, so maybe everybody just gets magic anime shoes. I dunno.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1