Forum - View topic
Funimation to Stream My Hero Academia Season 3


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GoldCrusader



Joined: 25 Apr 2017
Posts: 293
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully it gets a same day dub once again! I trust in BONES. They gave the best treatment to one of the best series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rika Hue



Joined: 19 Dec 2015
Posts: 47
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Funimation voice: GIMME GIMME GIMME!!

They sure were on top of things here.

If Funiroll continues to be a thing CR will stream the sub, which will make me happy. I think Funi and CR has done great PR work for MHA, and hopefully the good relationship with the Japanese companies will continue!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggie_Saiyan



Joined: 10 Jul 2016
Posts: 97
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:16 pm Reply with quote
LOL. Calm down FUNi lets finish S2 first!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
anddo!



Joined: 07 Mar 2015
Posts: 472
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Wow this really comes as a surpris e.?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TichoSlicer



Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Posts: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:36 pm Reply with quote
"The new season will cover the forest school trip arc from Kōhei Horikoshi's original manga."

Sounds like it will be only 12 epis and probably wont cover the Rescue Arc, which will make me very angry ;/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 3607
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
LOL. Calm down FUNi lets finish S2 first!

It finished like a week ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GoldCrusader



Joined: 25 Apr 2017
Posts: 293
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
LOL. Calm down FUNi lets finish S2 first!

It finished like a week ago.

Not the dub, which is what FUNimation has.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GamerTimeUSA



Joined: 08 Nov 2014
Posts: 137
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:09 pm Reply with quote
TichoSlicer wrote:
"The new season will cover the forest school trip arc from Kōhei Horikoshi's original manga."

Sounds like it will be only 12 epis and probably wont cover the Rescue Arc, which will make me very angry ;/


I just want to point out to you that they also said S2 would cover the Sports Festival Arc, and made no mention of any arcs after so.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TichoSlicer



Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Posts: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:26 pm Reply with quote
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
TichoSlicer wrote:
"The new season will cover the forest school trip arc from Kōhei Horikoshi's original manga."

Sounds like it will be only 12 epis and probably wont cover the Rescue Arc, which will make me very angry ;/


I just want to point out to you that they also said S2 would cover the Sports Festival Arc, and made no mention of any arcs after so.....


hum, i didn't know that, ty for the info.. '--'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ultimatehaki



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 491
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:58 pm Reply with quote
TichoSlicer wrote:
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
TichoSlicer wrote:
"The new season will cover the forest school trip arc from Kōhei Horikoshi's original manga."

Sounds like it will be only 12 epis and probably wont cover the Rescue Arc, which will make me very angry ;/


I just want to point out to you that they also said S2 would cover the Sports Festival Arc, and made no mention of any arcs after so.....


hum, i didn't know that, ty for the info.. '--'


I knew that info and I'm still worried. Just want some confirmation in my life. Pls cover the rescue arc as well!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ickybott555



Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I feel like Funimation took this deal right now instead of later just in case Amazon might do a sneak attack and snatch it for Anime Strike. And profits, don't forget the profits.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldCrusader



Joined: 25 Apr 2017
Posts: 293
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:15 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
TichoSlicer wrote:
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
TichoSlicer wrote:
"The new season will cover the forest school trip arc from Kōhei Horikoshi's original manga."

Sounds like it will be only 12 epis and probably wont cover the Rescue Arc, which will make me very angry ;/


I just want to point out to you that they also said S2 would cover the Sports Festival Arc, and made no mention of any arcs after so.....


hum, i didn't know that, ty for the info.. '--'


I knew that info and I'm still worried. Just want some confirmation in my life. Pls cover the rescue arc as well!!

Honestly even if it was just a single cour they have to cover both the trip and the rescue. Its only like 3 and a 1/2 manga long. The forest trip itself is like ~10-12 chapters.

Edit: I just checked and both arcs are 14 chapters. That means 28 chapter long. At 2 chap/ep that's 14.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
angelmcazares
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 3410
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:33 pm Reply with quote
ickybott555 wrote:
I feel like Funimation took this deal right now instead of later just in case Amazon might do a sneak attack and snatch it for Anime Strike. And profits, don't forget the profits.

I assume that when Funimation licensed season one the contract had a clause to add future seasons. Last year there was a rumor that Funimation paid one million dollars for a show; it was probably My Hero Academia. Still, confirmation of rights for season 3 is a smart move by Funimation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime
jr240483



Joined: 24 Dec 2005
Posts: 3507
Location: New York City,New York,USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:37 am Reply with quote
TichoSlicer wrote:
"The new season will cover the forest school trip arc from Kōhei Horikoshi's original manga."

Sounds like it will be only 12 epis and probably wont cover the Rescue Arc, which will make me very angry ;/



not really. the manga is still in the school trip arc. so if their doing season three now, it will only cover that arc and we'll probably have to wait for season 4 for the rescue arc and the raid arc.

and while this stream was no surprise it would have done the series wonders if they had been able to at least get season 1 & 2 to adult swim. I mean if they can get Tokyo ghoul to AS, one would wonder if they can also do the same for this series as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DangerMouse



Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 3133
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:38 am Reply with quote
Great news getting it confirmed ASAP Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group