• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 1st Ever Male Precure Debuts in Kirakira ☆ Precure a la Mode

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsilver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:19 am Reply with quote
This article seems too early, given that he’s not actually confirmed as a Precure yet, but I hope that the dream of Cure Fire is finally fulfilled.

And if he’s not... I hope that the first real one is sooner rather than later, and a human, not a fairy. Speaking of... was Milky Rose considered a cure?
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:29 am Reply with quote
gsilver wrote:
This article seems too early, given that he’s not actually confirmed as a Precure yet, but I hope that the dream of Cure Fire is finally fulfilled.

And if he’s not... I hope that the first real one is sooner rather than later, and a human, not a fairy. Speaking of... was Milky Rose considered a cure?

In her own season, no: she was left out of the season finale and out of the movie's climax.
Even though her powers had the exact same origins as the five cures and otherwise played out exactly the same (transformations, group poses and finishers included), since she didn't have Cure in the name she was excluded from everything.

However, subsequently that was kinda retconned: Shiny Luminous and her, despite not having "cure" in the name, were brought to the exact same level as the cures in the All-Stars movies... unlike battle-enabled characters like spoiler[Michiru, Kaoru and Regina (even though the former had a transformation and the latter was framed as part of the hero gorup by the season's end... rubbind more salt into the wound opened by Cure Ace)]
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone who pointed out that as of right now the character's Precure status is only fan speculation. We have corrected our article and posted an update. We apologize for the mistake of reporting as fact what is only fan speculation at this point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5