• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Bad Fan Behavior Could Lead to Cancelled Love Live Events

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AholePony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised, it's well known that LL fans are savages. If you want respectable fandom you get on the im@s train!
tentensan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:57 pm Reply with quote
AholePony wrote:
Not surprised, it's well known that LL fans are savages. If you want respectable fandom you get on the im@s train!

What? From what i experienced and saw, the Im@s fandom is not that great. As a matter of fact, no fandom is great. Based on my experience from fandoms, most of it is a breeding ground for people to whine and cry about things that are stupid. I mean, that's why I tend to keep things to myself and only discuss topics about idol animes with close people that I know in real life. Other than that, no. I stay away from fandoms. Fandoms are so negative.

Anyways, about the article, I sadly, expected this behavior. Love Live is really popular in Japan, so I expect really rabid fans to go crazy and stalk the seiyuus. Unfortunately every idol groups have this type of people. What surprised me is that the Love Live Staff and company spoke up about this. Usually, companies don't really denounce this behavior (please correct me if I'm wrong), because they need those types of fans to be obessed with their franchise, thus making the more money. Hopefully this will keep fans from stopping this behavior but it sucks that this happens in the frist place.
MugenPancake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Idol Cancer back at it again
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Still pale in comparison to hockey fans
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:50 pm Reply with quote
As bad as it is I found this hilarious. Are these LL events through tickets you receive with Blu-ray purchases? I have a few of them from various anime but of course could never attend living in the US.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:00 pm Reply with quote
What the hell were they expecting when they marketed at that audience?

The idol industry depends on making money off of over-obsessed creeps, so that's what they get. The fans' behavior is terrible, but the people that deliberately cultivate them shouldn't be pointing fingers and pretending they didn't want this.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:44 pm Reply with quote
They never sa9d it would be ouright cancelled. Jist that it may be considered and come on, every fandom has it's moment. I would say thr LoveLive fandom is the lesser of them all. I mean this is the first i'm hearing about anything like this from them. Also idolmaster has an even worse fandom, come on. And let's not point fingers here. There are always people who always make a fandom worse. You can say this about any fandom really. Nothing new here at all.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I've been to Momoclo once when they came over the water last year. Swell show, but some fans nearby seemed to have the goal to be as obnoxious as possible. Trying to get their attention or throw them off their routine I assume.

This announcement just feels like a teacher threatening to punish a class for the one bad apple. Remove the bad apples or go after them. I sense the incapable hands of middle management trying to solve this problem.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, you tell em.

Edit: How the hell do you post gifs? I can`t get one on here.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:18 pm Reply with quote
If only they knew what a concert was like in the US. If people got thrown out for behavior like this, most concerts would be empty. This is all incredibly standard. The screaming was a bit much, but otherwise, I don't really see a problem.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:06 am Reply with quote
Sorry, event producers, but real life fans don't wear coordinated outfits and wave their glow sticks in unison while dancing in their seats like the CGI audience does in the anime.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:26 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Sorry, event producers, but real life fans don't wear coordinated outfits and wave their glow sticks in unison while dancing in their seats like the CGI audience does in the anime.

Emerje

Have you been to Japanese idol concerts?
It’s actually surpringly accurate.
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:49 am Reply with quote
They can use puppets as a last resort.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:12 am Reply with quote
I knew that incidents of rude behavior was going to be a thing from the get-go.

AholePony wrote:

Wait until you realize that you ironically ended up being in the dark side of the im@s fandom.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:43 am Reply with quote
I mean, if these attendees are made aware of the rules before the event, then yeah they should face some penalty although canceling the events punishes everyone not just those guilty so another solution should be found. That being said, this seems so mild to US concert behavior. I can't help but think of The Simpsons with the crowd jumping and cheering at U2 and Otto (of all people) is sitting and saying, "sit down! You're ruining it for everyone!" Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2