• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Latest DARLING in the FRANKXX Episode Inspires Angry Hashtag

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Don't mind me. I'm just enjoying all the top-tier memes that this episode generated.
DmonHiro

What's really sad is that Ichigo didn't do anything wrong. The people bitching have information the characters do not. From their pov 02:

- attacked them
- endangered the mission
- is known to kill her partners
- is in the middle OF killing her partner
stannisbaratheon

Anime women should be perfect angels with perfect personalities. How dare Ichigo not be a submissive house-wife.
GoldenPincers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:54 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
What's really sad is that Ichigo didn't do anything wrong. The people bitching have information the characters do not. From their pov 02:

- attacked them
- endangered the mission
- is known to kill her partners
- is in the middle OF killing her partner

Preach

stannisbaratheon wrote:
Anime women should be perfect angels with perfect personalities. How dare Ichigo not be a submissive house-wife.

Preach
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:05 pm Reply with quote
You all do know that Ichigo's actions were cause she selfishly wanted Hiro for herself, not out of any rational sense right?

Sure Zero Two has a lot of problems, but Ichigo's no better herself.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:10 pm Reply with quote
The SALT is delicious, and the memes are top tier!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm way back at episode 9 but I read the spoiler despite my better judgement because stuff like this is irresistible. I really detest when fans try to force the "shipping" they want despite how the plot is going or how the writers are just doing things. I prefer to watch the whole show and see how things go, before complaining. Like, yeah, call her names for doing things you don't agree, that's fine. But this is still an overreaction. Death threats? For a fictional character...really? Editing or spamming her wikia page to post your rants? Grow up. In pure spite against these kind of fans, I hope she does more stuff like this lol.

Last edited by Kougeru on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calico

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:17 pm Reply with quote
How pathetic. A female character does something people don't like and they resort to insulting her appearance and calling her a bitch. Rolling Eyes

I haven't seen any of this on my twitter feed, so I guess I'm following the right people.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:21 pm Reply with quote
It's Shinji From Evangelion and Subaru from Re:Zero all over again.

I love the salt, it goes well with bagels.
wastrel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:25 pm Reply with quote
It's just a TV show.

Oh, sorry, I forgot that these are the Crazy Years. Carry on.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:31 pm Reply with quote
I've laughed harder in the last few days than I have in months, this is beautiful. Does anyone have a source on the rumor that the Franxx twitter/director had to tweet asking people to keep watching the show?

also ichigo did everything wrong (EVERYTHING WRONG)
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Apparently social media is "LIT" I guess. I haven't watched the show in awhile. That's what happens when you're again a prisoner at your mother's place and you can't get to your BD. LOL.

(Yes, I have two wireless BDs, a defunct LD player, VHS/DVD combo, a defunct region free player, a new region free player, two ROKU comb streamers (one for each place) and several streaming accounts. Mom's got the HDTV and one of my BD players and steaming devices and I have other BD and streaming device for my old CRT. So I'm covered in all matter of ways.)

Now I'm curious to know what the hell went on now. But been holding back just to have enough episodes to work with.

But man I was just having a conversation about how crazy fandom can be. But is this madness from Western side or Japan's side?
danpmss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
You all do know that Ichigo's actions were cause she selfishly wanted Hiro for herself, not out of any rational sense right?

She doesn't even care if he hates her because of what happened, as she only wants his well being, that as much selfless love as it can possibly get, and she explicitly stated that to him.

Ichigo literally did nothing wrong and 02 had it coming for quite a while.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:46 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:

She doesn't even care if he hates her because of what happened, as she only wants his well being, that as much selfless love as it can possibly get, and she explicitly stated that to him.

Ichigo literally did nothing wrong and 02 had it coming for quite a while.

Its not selfless though, she kinda manipulated the whole situation to suit her desires despite Zero Two being the only reason Hiro can pilot a Franxx & is thus useful to the cause.

The fact she would abandon Gobro without hesitation just to get in the Franxx seat with Hiro reveals that her desires truly are selfish.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Calico wrote:
How pathetic. A female character does something people don't like and they resort to insulting her appearance and calling her a bitch. Rolling Eyes

Western mecha anime fandom ties pro-wrestling fandom as the last place I'd ever be surprised to encounter gendered insults... I've lost track of how many times I've heard people call Shinji from Evangelion a "pussy".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4