• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Re:Zero's Western Blu-rays Show Color Banding Artifacts, Companies Respond

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:15 am Reply with quote
Unrelated to video quality, but there is a minor consistency issue in how Mamiko Noto is credited during the ending credits. Her name is shown as Noto Mamiko while everyone else uses the first-last naming convention...
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:50 am Reply with quote
Who was the bluray authoring company?
kyokun47

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:47 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Who was the bluray authoring company?
In the U.S.? Funimation authors their own discs, and Anime Limited used Funimation’s authors for their own UK release.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:27 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
I agree that the artifacts in this release make it subpar even by Western standards, and were likely avoidable with better encoding... assuming this wasn't a total anti-reverse-importation sabotage operation. Hopefully replacements get made available at some point. But do we really have the right to expect the same quality Japanese customers get, when we're paying so much less? When we're paying 20% of the JP prices, even getting something half as good means we come out ahead.
I don't expect NA anime BDs to look exactly the same as the Japanese release and I think fans wanting Aniplex USA to become the new standard for NA releases are being unrealistic, but I do expect a product I'm spending money on to support to be of the same quality the majority of Funimation's other releases are or at least at the same level quality as the Crunchyroll streams. There's a large gap between Japanese level quality and intentionally mangled releases they could easily meet to reach a compromise because Funimation does this just fine with every other one of their anime releases.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Are the DVDs version affected by this as well?
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
Are the DVDs version affected by this as well?

Yes, the DVDs are also authored from the same source as the blu-rays.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6