• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tokyo Big Sight Transit Station's Long Name Gets Easier in March 2019

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nargun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 pm Reply with quote
The renaming of the fune-no-kagakukan station may have something to do with the fact that the fune-no-kagakukan closed following damage in the east-japan earthquake.

See if you can guess how I know this.
fencer_x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:03 pm Reply with quote
So now there will be “Tokyo Big Sight Station” and “Tokyo Big Sight Station (but in Japanese)” (aka Kokusai Tenjijo Station right next to it)? That won’t be infusing at all. Why wouldn’t they rename Kokusai tenjijo Station and then rename Seimon something else? What an odd decision. Especially since Kokusai Tenjijo Station is easier to get to from central Tokyo and sees more traffic.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:07 am Reply with quote
fencer_x wrote:
So now there will be “Tokyo Big Sight Station” and “Tokyo Big Sight Station (but in Japanese)” (aka Kokusai Tenjijo Station right next to it)? That won’t be infusing at all. Why wouldn’t they rename Kokusai tenjijo Station and then rename Seimon something else? What an odd decision. Especially since Kokusai Tenjijo Station is easier to get to from central Tokyo and sees more traffic.

Two totally different companies: The rinkai line (the Kokusai tenjijou station) is owned by the TWA (Tokyo Waterfront Authority), and the Yurikamome is... I think it's its own company? Now that I think about it I don't think it's owned by any of the major rail lines, I think it was funded by Koto-ku through a public-private company.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:30 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Two totally different companies: The rinkai line (the Kokusai tenjijou station) is owned by the TWA (Tokyo Waterfront Authority), and the Yurikamome is... I think it's its own company? Now that I think about it I don't think it's owned by any of the major rail lines, I think it was funded by Koto-ku through a public-private company.

The Rinkai Line is operated by Tokyo Waterfront Area Rapid Transit, Inc. (TWR).
Yurikamome is operated by Yurikamome, Inc. Yurikamome, Inc. is so-called 3Sec (third-sector company). The shareholders of Yurikamome, Inc. are Tokyo Rinkai Holdings Co., Ltd. and Tōkyō-to (Tokyo Metropolis). The largest shareholder of Tokyo Rinkai Holdings is Tōkyō-to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1