• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
'Star Twinkle Precure' Trademark Filed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superfield

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:53 am Reply with quote
Here's hoping the "Star" part doesn't refer to show biz; HUGtto's mostly great, but I didn't care for those episodes where they slammed on the brakes to remind us that two of the main characters play music.

Other than that, the logo appears to be skewing younger than normal. Very soft and rounded with pastel colors... it looks right at home in a baby's room. Of course, no telling if that's in any way indicative of something in the show itself until we get something more substantial. However, judging from the pink, blue, yellow and purple elements, it looks like they'll be starting off with 4 main heroines, which has only been done once before.
IceKirby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:53 am Reply with quote
Kind of weird that it's Star Twinkle instead of Twinkle Star.

Huggto's logo gave pretty much no hint about the theme, but this one seems to give one. Aside from the obvious stars and the feather, it's interesting to note how the feather seems to be drawing (or is it sewing?) a line.

Superfield wrote:
However, judging from the pink, blue, yellow and purple elements, it looks like they'll be starting off with 4 main heroines, which has only been done once before.

Fresh, Heartcatch and HappinessCharge logos already hinted to the 4 colors (although only Fresh is really obvious), despite them starting with less than 4 characters.

Last edited by IceKirby on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
1dbad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:20 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing they mean the showbusiness kind, but it'd be cool if the Cures for this season were space-themed. Too bad Go! Princess already beat them to the punch on having a Cure Twinkle.

Not sure I'll follow another year of Precure yet, especially when it'll be hard to top Hugtto. But I'll let the deciding factor be the staff. Looking forward to finding out more about it.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:43 am Reply with quote
Strange, I thought despite Hugtto starting out strong, has become the worst, or at least one of the worst seasons ever (and I've heard many people share the sentiment); it just wants to do so many things, have so many themes that it can never finish, or really flesh out either of those, too many Cures, yet aside from Homare, the two others can't really get decent or distuinguishable character growth, Hugtan is just stuck on the background, the villains are given depth and their own little drama, but they just can't handle focusing on them, in fact, nothing really works. And don't forget the propaganda everywhere.
To this point, the girls don't really feel like friends at all, they can't hold a beliavable conversation, and Hana has the same issues as in the beginning. And now the inclusion of other Cures just felt weird and desperate, and also somehow breaking immersion being made into canon.

I really just want the franchise to start over, or for Toei to do another magical girl franchise instead.
Testarossah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:17 am Reply with quote
Since Hugtto is one of the best Precure seasons by far, if not the best one (I'll see after it ends), I can already feel sorry for Star Twinkle since people naturally will set the bar too high, even more if it ends up being a not so special season.
Welp, personally I'm kinda looking forward for it.

Also, will this be an anime totally focused on Kirara? I want it!
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:56 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
Strange, I thought despite Hugtto starting out strong, has become the worst, or at least one of the worst seasons ever (and I've heard many people share the sentiment); it just wants to do so many things, have so many themes that it can never finish, or really flesh out either of those, too many Cures, yet aside from Homare, the two others can't really get decent or distuinguishable character growth, Hugtan is just stuck on the background, the villains are given depth and their own little drama, but they just can't handle focusing on them, in fact, nothing really works. And don't forget the propaganda everywhere.
To this point, the girls don't really feel like friends at all, they can't hold a beliavable conversation, and Hana has the same issues as in the beginning. And now the inclusion of other Cures just felt weird and desperate, and also somehow breaking immersion being made into canon.

I really just want the franchise to start over, or for Toei to do another magical girl franchise instead.

This a very small minority opinion, actually.
Dalek-baka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:56 am Reply with quote
I mean... Hugtto and Kirakira as titles didn't exactly pointed to what those series were about so I have no idea what will they go here.
I don't think it will be idols, we've already had enough of that. Sports might be interesting theme but maybe next year to match with Olympics.

One thing I hope next season will do is to continue social commentary thing we had in Hugtto - whole arc with Henri and Masato (and by extension him becoming less closed-minded); how f*cked up Criasu is as corporation and so on.
This was strongest thing in this season, fits with what Precure was always about and match what Kitaro is doing.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:52 am Reply with quote
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:

Says you? Where I frequent, people don't like it anymore. I'm talknig majority here.
Thankfully that means next season will have it easy, the bar being set quite low.

And no, more PC propaganda and social commentaryis not a good thing, and I hope this anomaly that happened in Hugtto, and doesn't fit Precure won't happen in next season.
IceKirby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:58 am Reply with quote
Dalek-baka wrote:
I mean... Hugtto and Kirakira as titles didn't exactly pointed to what those series were about so I have no idea what will they go here.

Kirakira has the "a la mode" part in the title, which was a fairly good hint.

Sunny milk wrote:
and I've heard many people share the sentiment

People tend to pay more attention to opinions that match theirs. Just because you saw some people with the same opinion it doesn't mean that a majority of the people share it, it may just be some echo chamber effect.

Sunny milk wrote:
yet aside from Homare, the two others can't really get decent or distuinguishable character growth

I actually think Homare has the weakest development for this season. Meanwhile, Saaya has one of the best character development in the franchise. It starts from her worries with her acting career, goes about her uncertainity about following her mother's steps, then it's slowly heading towards her taking her own decision about going through a different path (medical/child care).

Sunny milk wrote:

The franchise starts over every year. If you don't like the general direction, then it may be time for you to look for another one. No need to wish for the franchise to end just because you don't like it anymore.
Dalek-baka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:09 pm Reply with quote
IceKirby wrote:
Kirakira has the "a la mode" part in the title, which was a fairly good hint.
For a rather long time I was convinced it was just some weird gibberish or that it might be fashion themed, for some reason.

Quote:
The franchise starts over every year. If you don't like the general direction, then it may be time for you to look for another one. No need to wish for the franchise to end just because you don't like it anymore.
Next to all of above - it would be really dumb thing for Toei to start new magical girl franchise. Precure is established (and very profitable) brand, people know what it is and they don't have to spend a lot of money to promote something new. Especially not when there is that tie in with Olympics.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Did some clean up. Let's everyone stick to the topic and stop the SJ arguing.[/i]
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Star Twinkle...astronomy? Constellations?
ArmyofDarkness

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Wuickpa wrote:
Sunny milk wrote:
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:

Says you? Where I frequent, people don't like it anymore. I'm talknig majority here.
Thankfully that means next season will have it easy, the bar being set quite low.

And no, more PC propaganda and social commentaryis not a good thing, and I hope this anomaly that happened in Hugtto, and doesn't fit Precure won't happen in next season.

Let me guess, 4chan, the place that used to love the show until the Henri episode came out with its "boys can be princesses and girls can be heroes" message and triggered them hard and now they dislike Hugtto for being "tooSJW".

We must frequent different 4chans. /pc/ still likes Huggto from what I gather. Henri is rarely mentioned and if they are its in a "Living the dream" kind of way.
manapear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:05 am Reply with quote
Huh. I suppose this is official. The name is cute, and so is the logo. But it's rather old-school. I wonder if it'll be something in homage to the 80s (shojo) idols, or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1