• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kemono Friends Season 2 Reveals Cast, Staff, January Premiere

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fantaselion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:29 pm Reply with quote
They know this series is going to bomb, thats why they're not even trying with that new staff, cause holy shit thats bad.
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:35 pm Reply with quote
I guess they brought these particular people and studio in because they have experience with kids shows. That could be either good or bad, but I'm not especially interested either way.

If this new season manages to be earth-shakingly great, I might watch it... maybe.
AholePony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:17 am Reply with quote
The worst tragedy yet, no bag-chan! What the hell is wrong with these people? They need to make an anime about the story of this series where the corporate goons are cackling villains out to kill joy in the world xD
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:01 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The new season's story begins with Serval and Caracal finding a "human" child in the forest. As they travel with the child, they meet new Friends, uncover the secrets of Japari Park, and become involved in an event that will "shake the earth." A previous visual (seen right) reads, "Found new friends."

Now this is the part worth panicking. If this child is a girl, then the new season has some life. If it is a boy, as in flat-out making this new season an Uma Musume/Idolmaster clone, then this is just going to be a final nail in the coffin for this series. This "cute girls and self-insert guy" trope does not have the flair it had several years back while "just girls" trope has been a surge in recent years.

AholePony wrote:
The worst tragedy yet, no bag-chan! What the hell is wrong with these people? They need to make an anime about the story of this series where the corporate goons are cackling villains out to kill joy in the world xD

Kaban-chan showed us that a female-dominated series can be good without the guidance or presence of a mentor/self-insert guy. She is easily a better character than that male horse trainer and TakeP. If Kadokawa ever goes for a generic self-insert guy to replace Kaban-chan, it would be an absolute pimp slap to the fans and the franchise as a whole. Kadokawa should not bother changing Kemono Friend's formula like what Trigger did to Little Witch Academia.
HannoX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:43 am Reply with quote
So, essentially they're rebooting it rather than continuing on from where the first series left off. It's not much very hopeful that it seems they're retreading ground already covered rather than writing new material.
K.o.R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Tomason? I thought Sunrise was doing this season?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:32 pm Reply with quote
So this is going to premiere on the same season as TATSUKI's new original work Kemurikusa. Geez, winter season is going be nasty. Anime dazed
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:08 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Quote:
The new season's story begins with Serval and Caracal finding a "human" child in the forest. As they travel with the child, they meet new Friends, uncover the secrets of Japari Park, and become involved in an event that will "shake the earth." A previous visual (seen right) reads, "Found new friends."

Now this is the part worth panicking. If this child is a girl, then the new season has some life. If it is a boy, as in flat-out making this new season an Uma Musume/Idolmaster clone, then this is just going to be a final nail in the coffin for this series. This "cute girls and self-insert guy" trope does not have the flair it had several years back while "just girls" trope has been a surge in recent years.

AholePony wrote:

Kaban-chan showed us that a female-dominated series can be good without the guidance or presence of a mentor/self-insert guy. She is easily a better character than that male horse trainer and TakeP. If Kadokawa ever goes for a generic self-insert guy to replace Kaban-chan, it would be an absolute pimp slap to the fans and the franchise as a whole. Kadokawa should not bother changing Kemono Friend's formula like what Trigger did to Little Witch Academia.

Er... What are you talking about? Producer was the best part of Cinderella Girls, and Takeuchi Shunsuke's breaktrough role was the biggest impact of that series. I mean, I know you hate guys in anime, but c'mon...
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:42 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
So this is going to premiere on the same season as TATSUKI's new original work Kemurikusa. Geez, winter season is going be nasty. Anime dazed

Now that's a showdown I want to see. Who throws who out the ring? Smile
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:56 pm Reply with quote
fantaselion wrote:
They know this series is going to bomb, thats why they're not even trying with that new staff, cause holy shit thats bad.

Really? I mean, I couldn't honestly think of a better staff than this for the new season. Kimura is an excellent director. I still won't watch the show because of the whole ordeal, but I would say they tried pretty hard considering they still have the same composer, which was a big part of the first season for me, and they got the director of one of, if not the, best kids' show on TV.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Let's stop with the trolling and baiting people. I've removed several posts.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Let's stop with the trolling and baiting people. I've removed several posts.

With all due respect, what about this one?

KutovoiAnton wrote:
Er... What are you talking about? Producer was the best part of Cinderella Girls, and Takeuchi Shunsuke's breaktrough role was the biggest impact of that series. I mean, I know you hate guys in anime, but c'mon...

Is not that trolling and baiting, too? I know mine had that too but I was replying to him about the producer not being the best part about CG.
nDroae

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:55 pm Reply with quote
No diss on this director carries any weight unless it comes from someone who's watched a fair chunk (like say 50 episodes) of Aikatsu. This sounds like sarcasm, but it's not. I've watched zero episodes of Aikatsu, but the moe brethren praise that show to no end, so I'm pleased with that bit of good news in the midst of the long-forecasted sacrilege trainwreck. Oh, and I'm looking forward to the pangolin girl, I've always liked pangolins.

"Uma Musume/Idolmaster clone" doesn't make sense to me; the males in those shows were men. This would be a boy. Mahou Sensei Negima, perhaps? But I doubt this child's role will be anything like sensei / trainer / producer. The "has male character = clone" logic can only work if you have very specific, very extreme tunnel vision.
aereus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:06 am Reply with quote
Looking at the credits for Tomason: Seems they have a pedigree for long-running kids anime. So seems they are doubling-down on dropping the elements of S1 that made the fandom enjoy it in the first place and are expanding the secondary childrens market into the main market for the IP.

IE: It's going to be strictly a kid-friendly IP now, examining various animals in an educational manner. Similar to something like how Octonauts explores sealife.

The irony is the educational/kid friendly angle was TATSUKI/Yaoyorozu's idea.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:58 pm Reply with quote
This is just an off-topic query/suggestion, but it would be nice if there was a way to still follow the email link to the thread even if a comment has been deleted. As it is, it just leads to a page that says
Quote:
The topic or post you requested does not exist
The only way to get back to the thread when that happens is to scroll back through the news feed and find the specific article again in order to get back to the thread, which is a bit clunky, at best.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2