• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boogiepop and Others Anime's 2nd Promo Video Reveals 14 More Cast Members, January 4 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:14 am Reply with quote
This looks pretty dope. Kinda wish they had kept the hyper dark and oppressive atmosphere of the original but this also looks awesome. January can't come soon enough
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:30 am Reply with quote
I wonder, once this starts airing maybe they might announce a license rescue for the first adaptation that aired over 19 years ago.
alconnow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:43 am Reply with quote
I'm still not sure how I feel about the character designs... Dunno if it's just me.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:20 am Reply with quote
I thought it was just a remake, glad to see new characters. I hope it will be more faithful chronologically than the first one.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:29 am Reply with quote
alconnow wrote:
I'm still not sure how I feel about the character designs... Dunno if it's just me.

Honestly I wasn't too fond of them at first either but they're kinda growing on me. Still prefer the ones in the first series though
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:52 am Reply with quote
From the trailer and cast list it looks like they're definitely adapting the first novel in full, and are going to get into novels two and three (which are one complete story). That's pretty rad. Just reading those two gave me so much more context for Boogiepop Phantom, and made that show way easier to understand. spoiler[It's much easier to understand why the Pillar of Light incident caused the events in Phantom once you know what the Pillar of Light incident actually is.]

I'm less hot on the character designs for some of the other cast, especially Echoes. I'm going to miss the more distinct styles of the novels.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:54 am Reply with quote
Maybe it’s just me as a newcomer to anime and light novels, but “Boogiepop” just sounds like a terrible title, at least in English. Almost like those word-salad OVAs from the 90s.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:25 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
I thought it was just a remake, glad to see new characters. I hope it will be more faithful chronologically than the first one.

Look, Boogiepop Phantom was a Sequel to the Light Novels, not a adaptation thereof. Since this one is the adaptation, this is technically the story before Phantom.

LegitPancake wrote:
Maybe it’s just me as a newcomer to anime and light novels, but “Boogiepop” just sounds like a terrible title, at least in English. Almost like those word-salad OVAs from the 90s.

Ignore the names. Many cool works in anime (and in music, by the way), have lame titles. Boogiepop and Others will be awesome if Boogiepop Phantom is anything to go by.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I hope that it helps to re-contextualize parts of Boogiepop Phantom, though I think I got the gist of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
lucio542

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:45 pm Reply with quote
So hyped for this!
Aresef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:38 pm Reply with quote
This looks still better than the previous trailers, but I'm gonna need less sun and more sepia.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1