• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon: Detective Pikachu Film Reveals New Footage

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Nice, looking foward to it. But the film needs to be family friendly, and do not add anything drugs, sexy stuff and anything else that deemed offensive to the overseas fans.
ZodiacBeast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
Nice, looking foward to it. But the film needs to be family friendly, and do not add anything drugs, sexy stuff and anything else that deemed offensive to the overseas fans.

...wha? Pokemon doesn't have that stuff anyways.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:38 pm Reply with quote
ZodiacBeast wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:

...wha? Pokemon doesn't have that stuff anyways.

Yes, i know that.
ThrowMeOut

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:

A lot of the Pokemon fanbase is in their late 20's to early 30's. A darker, edgier Pokemon movie would do just fine. It would be weird and unexpected, but fine. Personally I'm glad it doesn't look like the same brainless, safe, family-friendly mush we usually get from these kinds of adaptations. (Including many of the other Pokemon movies)
I'm guessing it'll get a PG-13.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:54 pm Reply with quote
ThrowMeOut wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:

A lot of the Pokemon fanbase is in their late 20's to early 30's. A darker, edgier Pokemon movie would do just fine. It would be weird and unexpected, but fine. Personally I'm glad it doesn't look like the same brainless, safe, family-friendly mush we usually get from these kinds of adaptations. (Including many of the other Pokemon movies)
I'm guessing it'll get a PG-13.

I think it'll still be PG. That said, I wouldn't mind some adult humor in the movie. What I really hope for is for this movie to go the Deadpool 2 route at the end and thundershock those who have made bad live-action anime or video game adaptations in the past. That would be hilarious.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:

Not so much offensive to oversea fans but offensive to the sensibilities of certain governments.....so we know now there won't be any gambling Razz
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:

No sexy stuff? Err, the Pokemon games/anime aren't exactly entirely devoid of fanservice, you know. I mean, it's not super common but it is there.

That being said, I doubt it will be present.
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Lickitung pretty much looks like what I imagine it'd look like in real life. D: Bulbasaur though looks cute!
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited too but I wish I could somehow watch all episodes of the early Pokemon in the original Japanese. I'm an anime purist after all. I won't watch a single episode of anime without hearing how it originally sounded as it first aired in Japan.

Why can't The Pokemon Company strike a deal with Crunchyroll to stream the original Japanese episodes like when made a deal with Warner Bros. to produce the Detective Pikachu movie (especially after they severed ties with them at the end of the 4Kids era)?

In case no one remembers, Crunchyroll and Warner Bros. are both owned by AT&T. And if The Pokemon Company think it would be a bad idea to distribute the Japanese version on home media format because kids won't watch their non-English speaking cartoons, then they could at least try to find another more older audience on a streaming platform for anime purists and it shouldn't even cost them that much. (I mean just to see what sort of reception they will get.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1