• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Fire Force Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Funi loves the soul eater author.

Love this manga and lead boy design. Litrally Hot.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Funi loves the soul eater author.
I thought the character designs looked familiar.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:43 pm Reply with quote
So besides Fruits Basket, this will be one of the first shows Funimation licenses post Crunchyroll split?
CaRoss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:18 pm Reply with quote
This is honestly fantastic news. FUNimation is both solid for dubs and physical releases and, unless they screw up the adaptation, Fire Force will be a series truly deserving of this connection - and a place in my personal collection Anime hyper
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I hate being that guy to ask this but can you please embed a different video link?

I have tried the IGN video a dozen times and it will only ever play the ad and continues to buffer the actual video for eternity

On a different note I am excited about this series.
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Will be interesting to see how FUNi lines up for the next few seasons after the CR split. Most of the folks in my circles don't have FUNi subscription (and I suppose that's for good reason, their website and apps are insufferable) and none of them currently feel inclined to start one. I wonder if this title to start is enough to get some heads turned.

Lord Vaultman wrote:
I hate being that guy to ask this but can you please embed a different video link?

I have tried the IGN video a dozen times and it will only ever play the ad and continues to buffer the actual video for eternity

I'm with you Vaultman, IGN's video player sucks, they should switch it out for the YouTube one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYXHYqsvaZ0

Last edited by Swiftyy on Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Swiftyy wrote:
Will be interesting to see how FUNi lines up for the next few seasons after the CR split. Most of the folks in my circles don't have FUNi subscription (and I suppose that's for good reason, their website and apps are insufferable) and none of them currently feel inclined to start one.

Lord Vaultman wrote:

I'm with you Vaultman, IGN's video player sucks, they should switch it out for the YouTube one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYXHYqsvaZ0

Thanks buddy.

And for what it's worth If yall check out the xbox app it works great.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
So besides Fruits Basket, this will be one of the first shows Funimation licenses post Crunchyroll split?
I'm assuming everything they license going forward other that Attack on Titan Season 3 part 2 will be exclusive to Funimation and Hulu.
青白

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Quite impressed to see them putting this out amidst the drama. I wonder if this is like a desperation move for halting the loss of subscribers.
Nodz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Hi, I'm from France where we don't have Funimation, but other sites like Wakanim or ADN that stream anime other than Crunchyroll.

I was wondering how the separation between CR and Funi was affecting other regions like for example South America. What other sites do you have to watch anime? (except for Netflix or Amazon).
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:44 pm Reply with quote
We can't just get an anime about firefighters? We have to get one about spontaneous human combustion fighters? Talk about high concept!

Well, it does look good. Maybe I'll give it a shot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:57 am Reply with quote
Was hoping Funi would pick this up. I read the first volume of the manga and found it enjoyable. Hopefully the rest of Funi's post-divorce picks will be good as well.

Quote:
Quite impressed to see them putting this out amidst the drama. I wonder if this is like a desperation move for halting the loss of subscribers.

I don't know the numbers on how many people they loss, but I bet it doesn't make much of a difference. At the end of the day Funimation is a company, it's just business as usual. Focusing on the people you lost instead of keeping the ones you got won't help anything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1