• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: MAGES., bilibili's Journal of the Mysterious Creatures Anime Previewed in Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:55 am Reply with quote
Ahh I'm interested in what the animation looks like because the same studio and director are doing TsukiAni 2, and it looks pretty good~ Like, not brilliant, I guess, but pretty good!

I can't wait to see something for TsukiAni 2! I hope they animate the 2019 costumes (the 2016 season was set in 2014, and the characters had the 2014 costumes in key art and merchandise, but not in the anime); I hope there are special anime costumes that are just as gorgeous as the 2019 ones; I hope some of the fantasy elements come into play in the anime, especially the tenko - I want to see those tails animated! Especially since this looks like a kemonomimi thing. I was watching that animation and just imagining Shun's fluffy tails <3 But any of the fantasy settings would be amazing to see in the anime!
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:35 am Reply with quote
bilibili = another series we probably won't see simulcast in the west. I'm curious if they are withholding licenses on series they have a hand in to build a small library of exclusive titles to try and launch their own service outside of China.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I like the look of the trailer which was well animated and the combination of vampires, werewolves, and science fiction elements offers potential for a good action show. The issue that I tend to have with Chinese animation projects is the weak narrative structure and that is something you can't really determine from a minute long trailer. Still I would definitely give it a chance if it gets licensed by one of the western streaming services.

TheAncientOne wrote:
bilibili = another series we probably won't see simulcast in the west. I'm curious if they are withholding licenses on series they have a hand in to build a small library of exclusive titles to try and launch their own service outside of China.
If bilibili is planning to expand into the western market that would explain why a lot of their shows aren't getting licensed though they might just be trying to get some of their shows licensed in Japan like what they did with Huyao Xiao Hongniang.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1