• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Detective Conan Manga Takes 4-Issue Break

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe_g7

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:30 am Reply with quote
He's going on a break? Again??
HueyLion

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:08 am Reply with quote
At this point I wouldn't be surprise if it reaches the climax soon.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:10 am Reply with quote
Is this really newsworthy? Aoyama goes on breaks for research pretty regularly. These locked room mysteries aren't exactly easy to come up with, nevermind when you're 1000+ chapters deep.
Serinox

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:48 am Reply with quote
joe_g7 wrote:

Not really.

Aoyama usually sketches and writes all chapters of a case (3-5 chapters with 16 pages each) before the first one is done, and then after that do the usual weekly mangaka spiel of sotryboarding and inking. So, as mangaka do, he had the usual 3 hours of sleep per work day schedule.

Now, Aoyama has been in the industry since 1986/87 and has gone on a health related hiatus twice (in 2015 where has hospitalized and from December 2017 to April 2018, where his editors demanded the break). Aoyama said he needed to change his schedule. So, what happens since then is that Aoyama gets more weeks where nothing is published (before the health breaks, he often got one week to two weeks off between cases, now it's more), so he can do all the work he usually does, but with a more healthy work schedule and less deadline pressure. So, he is still working during this "break" time, just in a less health-damaging way.
Kaori Makimura

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:00 am Reply with quote
Serinox wrote:
joe_g7 wrote:

Not really.

Aoyama usually sketches and writes all chapters of a case (3-5 chapters with 16 pages each) before the first one is done, and then after that do the usual weekly mangaka spiel of sotryboarding and inking. So, as mangaka do, he had the usual 3 hours of sleep per work day schedule.

Now, Aoyama has been in the industry since 1986/87 and has gone on a health related hiatus twice (in 2015 where has hospitalized and from December 2017 to April 2018, where his editors demanded the break). Aoyama said he needed to change his schedule. So, what happens since then is that Aoyama gets more weeks where nothing is published (before the health breaks, he often got one week to two weeks off between cases, now it's more), so he can do all the work he usually does, but with a more healthy work schedule and less deadline pressure. So, he is still working during this "break" time, just in a less health-damaging way.

Oh my God... Then I'm glad he's taking a break. Take as many as he needs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1