• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anohana Fans' Wish Plaques Disappear from Shrine

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit, I am quite confused why anyone would want a shrine plaque. I can imagine it being worth much if you tried to sell if, that is if someone really wanted to buy it in the first place.

Maybe some of the plaques fell on the ground and the night time janitor thought they were trash and threw them way with the intention of cleaning up and doing his or her job?
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Keep in mind though, sometimes people steal things just for the heck of it, as more a form of vandalism than an attempt to get something valuable.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote
I think the culprit was Santa, he's just trying to grant people's wishes.
isoge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Gee, talk about dedicated fans.... (though I'd probably do the same if I were in that area)
toyNN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote
I just have to say, nice Sankaku-like misleading article title!

Yeah the removed them from one part of the shrine and made an exclusive area just for Anohana fans to put their wish plaques. They haven't "disappeared" like they weren't wanted or otherwise removed.

And the city is clearly welcoming the fans as a tourism promotion with all the street flags up dedicated to the anime. That seems more like the story and what should be the lead of this article. Just say'n...
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Lucky Star fans were jealous and did the heists.
machetecat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Well that's a bit rude, I must say. Why do that?
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote
toyNN wrote:
I just have to say, nice Sankaku-like misleading article title!

Yeah the removed them from one part of the shrine and made an exclusive area just for Anohana fans to put their wish plaques. They haven't "disappeared" like they weren't wanted or otherwise removed.

And the city is clearly welcoming the fans as a tourism promotion with all the street flags up dedicated to the anime. That seems more like the story and what should be the lead of this article. Just say'n...

How do you figure? As I read it, the plaques did indeed disappear. They weren't moved to the new section. They set up a section now just for them, but as it's written, they didn't move plaques there, they were taken by someone(s) prior to that.
Banjo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:26 pm Reply with quote
maybe someone pretending to be menma and stealing those to tell everyone "menma is here" Confused
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:28 pm Reply with quote
toyNN wrote:

The plaques were removed, but the shrine itself didn't remove them. According to the Saitama Shimbun paper, the shrine's staff is bewildered about the removal, too.
toyNN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
toyNN wrote:

The plaques were removed, but the shrine itself didn't remove them. According to the Saitama Shimbun paper, the shrine's staff is bewildered about the removal, too.

Thanks for clarifying - my mistake, I read it as they'd been moved by the staff to the new location. Though I still think the fact the town is promoting and encouraging the visits related to the anime would have been a worthy lead (though perhaps reported here earlier?). Those kind of tie-ins I find very interesting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1