Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Franchise's 'Retsuden' Novel Series Get 2 More Installments for Naruto, Sasuke




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChrisKris



Joined: 06 Feb 2009
Posts: 47
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Just let it die...
It's not worth it to keep making "new" stuff to get money.

Naruto isn't that great at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BadNewsBlues



Joined: 21 Sep 2014
Posts: 3808
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:05 pm Reply with quote
ChrisKris wrote:
Just let it die...
It's not worth it to keep making "new" stuff to get money.

Naruto isn't that great at all.


Thank you for that enlightened and largely pointless opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Psajdak



Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 230
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I would rather have some focus FINALLY on Sakura.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Top Gun



Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 3322
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
I would rather have some focus FINALLY on Sakura.

That'd imply that anyone associated with this franchise understands how to write decent female characters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Psajdak



Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 230
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:

That'd imply that anyone associated with this franchise understands how to write decent female characters.
That's just my wishful thinking, nothing more, and wishful thinking only leads to dissapointment, as Prince from Prince of Persia would say.

I know that author of Naruto have no idea how to do fem. chars.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scion Drake



Joined: 25 Nov 2017
Posts: 400
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:54 pm Reply with quote
An opportunity with a large cast of characters, plenty with their own fans with the potential for greatness & a dire need of spotlight & they give novels to the 2 main & most focused characters in the entire franchise.

Whoever’s signing on these Naruto spin-offs certainly aren’t very creative or ambitious, that’s for sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Punch Drunk Marc



Joined: 04 Oct 2013
Posts: 1183
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:29 am Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
An opportunity with a large cast of characters, plenty with their own fans with the potential for greatness & a dire need of spotlight & they give novels to the 2 main & most focused characters in the entire franchise.

Whoever’s signing on these Naruto spin-offs certainly aren’t very creative or ambitious, that’s for sure.


You can blame the creator for that. Most of the supporting cast doesn't have enough to them to justify a spin-off. Like would a TenTen or Kiba spin-off novel really sell that well?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
supercalafragilisticjoy



Joined: 17 Aug 2015
Posts: 88
Location: Chiba, Japan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:40 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Psajdak wrote:
I would rather have some focus FINALLY on Sakura.

That'd imply that anyone associated with this franchise understands how to write decent female characters.


Ouch. Painful, but oh so true.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BadNewsBlues



Joined: 21 Sep 2014
Posts: 3808
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:


I know that author of Naruto have no idea how to do fem. chars.


That's a bit much Kishimoto isn't any worse than Toriyama or Kubo were.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group