• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Godzilla, Detective Pikachu Films Do Not Win at 2019 E! People's Choice Awards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azza Murphy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:25 am Reply with quote
No surprise here we all know these rewards are rigged as hell should be called the joke awards or who can kiss ass more to be given a award Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:51 am Reply with quote
-yeah, Godzilla was cool, but Endgame winning is a no brainer
-I liked Aladdin (certainly a better remake than Lion King, blech) but Detective Pikachu was a bit better to me
-I would have given it to Millie. Zendaya's not a bad actress, but she felt like she had no chemistry with Holland, probably didn't help that Peter's attraction to her just happens randomly given he had no romantic interest in her in Homecoming. Honestly, the MCU's solo Spidey films have been mostly carried by the villains (Vulture and Mysterio were both handled terrifically) and Ned; Sony has me more excited for their Spider-verse sequel
-the Lion King VA cast was a mixed bag to say the least but Beyonce actually did fine as adult Nala. That being said, Ryan definitely should have won this one
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, doesn't surprise me...

Wait, what?! Beyonce beat out Ryan Reynolds?!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1