• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, A3!, Smile Down the Runway Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Surprised they got Smile Down the Runway.

So at this point we're waiting for them to announce Quintuplets Season 2, Railgun T, Isekai Quartet Season 2, and probably the new Show by Rock.

As for new stuff I'm gonna predict Funi will also get: Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. (is there a short hand for that yet?), In/Spectre, and I also wouldn't mind if they got Infinite Dendrogram.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping for Sentai to get Smile Down the Runaway, but at least Netflix didn't get it.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

So at this point we're waiting for them to announce Quintuplets Season 2, Railgun T, Isekai Quartet Season 2, and probably the new Show by Rock.

As for new stuff I'm gonna predict Funi will also get: Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. (is there a short hand for that yet?), In/Spectre, and I also wouldn't mind if they got Infinite Dendrogram.

Quintuplets Season 2 isn't even announced to be airing in Winter 2020. In/Spectre is already airing on CR.
aquaofthewater

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Kind of annoyed they misspelled Cleao's name, but whatever.

More Orphen!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crispy45

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:47 pm Reply with quote
aquaofthewater wrote:

More Orphen!

Can't say I like "Claiomh" either. Apparently that's what the English LNs use as well.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Quintuplets Season 2 isn't even announced to be airing in Winter 2020. In/Spectre is already airing on CR.

According to MAL Quintuplets is supposed to be out in January. Also disappointing about In/Spectre. Would have been a good dub
Levonr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to the Orphen dub. David Matranga I assume will return. Hopefully Shelley Calene-Black as well.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Crispy45 wrote:
aquaofthewater wrote:

More Orphen!

Can't say I like "Claiomh" either. Apparently that's what the English LNs use as well.

Seven Seas uses it for the manga, too, so it looks like that was always the official spelling in Japan for her name, even though it's pronounced "Cleao" via the katana. ADV likely just decided to use the phonetic spelling back in the day, because that was still back when Japanese licensors weren't quite as vigilant with what American companies sometimes did with their titles. Now, though, "you better damn well use the official spellings!"
paulchaested

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

According to MAL Quintuplets is supposed to be out in January. Also disappointing about In/Spectre. Would have been a good dub

CR coproduced this anime, and since they’ve been dubbing more anime recently it most likely will get dubbed. Probably give it to Bang Zoom or something.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:23 pm Reply with quote
paulchaested wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

CR coproduced this anime, and since they’ve been dubbing more anime recently it most likely will get dubbed. Probably give it to Bang Zoom or something.

Should have been more specific. Would have been a good FUNI dub. BangZoom dubs are meh to me.
Morry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
Crispy45 wrote:
aquaofthewater wrote:

More Orphen!

Seven Seas uses it for the manga, too, so it looks like that was always the official spelling in Japan for her name, even though it's pronounced "Cleao" via the katana. ADV likely just decided to use the phonetic spelling back in the day, because that was still back when Japanese licensors weren't quite as vigilant with what American companies sometimes did with their titles. Now, though, "you better damn well use the official spellings!"

I mean, that katakana is the Japanese spelling for "claiomh", so there's no doubt that's the word the author was going for. If anything, I'm happy to hear it isn't the Jp side butchering the intended meaning.
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:41 pm Reply with quote
is this a orphen reboot? or a sequel?
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Ozzy4k wrote:
is this a orphen reboot? or a sequel?

It's a reboot. They announced it a few months back
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:39 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
paulchaested wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Should have been more specific. Would have been a good FUNI dub. BangZoom dubs are meh to me.

Funimation and crunchyroll have made a point to keep working together on newer seasons of shows they already worked on together I dont see this being any different and fully expect a funimation simuldub. (I will be shocked if there isnt one)
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:22 am Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
I mean, that katakana is the Japanese spelling for "claiomh", so there's no doubt that's the word the author was going for. If anything, I'm happy to hear it isn't the Jp side butchering the intended meaning.

Katakana is phonetic. Her name's written as クリーオウ which is Ku Rii O U. Kinda weird to have a U sound there IMO. クリーオ is how you write the regular name "Cleo" so this would be Cleou? Cleooo? If the 'a' is supposed to make it pronounced Clay-oh it'd be written differently to reflect that. I mean, you can always fudge katakana spelling by saying the letters are silent, in this case the 'a' the 'i' the 'm' and the 'h'. Wouldn't be the first time we've seen arbitrary silent letters in anime names. Plus the series has a lot of weird anglo-westernized names like Childman Powerfield so it could just be a writer quirk.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3