• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Made in Abyss Creator Shows Off His Work Space in YouTube Interview

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Lol... That's some creepy stuff but not unexpected. Also seems worth it, his art is amazing
yurigasaki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:
he also showed off the more unusual paraphernalia in his home like the torso of a young girl that he uses for drawing reference. He said that he collects items like toothbrushes and schoolbags in order to properly depict a girl living at home.

Made in Abyss creator at large, Akihito Tsukushi, out here having the very definition of a normal one
Swissman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:23 pm Reply with quote
There's a quick scene where Tsukushi talks about a rare two volume fantasy manga series he bought back in middle school at a used books store because of some erotic content and which he hid behind a gasmeter of someone's house because he couldn't bring it back home. One day those two volumes disappeared and he couldn't remember the title for a longtime anymore but found later by typing in some keywords in a search engine. The manga in question is Planet Brute by Kazuhiko Tsuzuki. This artist was one of the very first ones who used digital technology for drawing. He used it mostly for some cover artwork, which was revolutionary back in the late eighties/early nineties.
I own those two volumes as well. I guess this makes me as odd as him Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragon695

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:19 pm Reply with quote
yurigasaki wrote:
Quote:
he also showed off the more unusual paraphernalia in his home like the torso of a young girl that he uses for drawing reference. He said that he collects items like toothbrushes and schoolbags in order to properly depict a girl living at home.

Made in Abyss creator at large, Akihito Tsukushi, out here having the very definition of a normal one

I’ve read he also buys grade school girls and boys underwear for reference, lol. Of course it is a normal one for the guy who got upset that the anime wouldn’t make Reg’s nipples more puffy...
yurigasaki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:51 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
yurigasaki wrote:
Quote:

I’ve read he also buys grade school girls and boys underwear for reference, lol. Of course it is a normal one for the guy who got upset that the anime wouldn’t make Reg’s nipples more puffy...

I'M BEGGING YOU TO SAY SIKE RIGHT NOW
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1