• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Other Jump Manga Delay New Volumes Due to COVID-19 Coronavirus

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toprak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:41 am Reply with quote
It should have decided before, that's correct decision.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:47 am Reply with quote
I dont understand why they'll still release it. People will be going to stores for a onessential product.
toprak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:58 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
I dont understand why they'll still release it. People will be going to stores for a onessential product.

Yes, you are right. As I said above, they should've been decide it early.
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:39 pm Reply with quote
The cover of that Demon Slayer volume looks amazing. I wish I could get a better shot of it.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:48 pm Reply with quote
This is an unrealistically short delay and the US comics industry clearly won´t start up again at the end of the month after their one month "break".
https://www.polygon.com/comics/2020/3/31/21200103/diamond-comics-shops-marvel-dc-image-tko-digital-new-comics-coronavirus-covid-19

States of emergency are what they are and the Japanese comics industry is less digital than many foresight ones so you can´t just switch to all-digital without hurting your distributors. Not that DC or Marvel wanted to risk it and they could have. Even that would lead to delays of course. The dominos for the less frequent publications will have to fall fairly quickly too.
Shueisha and co still could make all sorts fo things free to read on their site for the duration of the break like Marvel is doing. Get them hooked with what you have and hope that some new or lapsed readers will after production picks up again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1