• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dogeza de Tanondemita Sexual Comedy Anime Posts Credit-less Ending Sequence

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yurigasaki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:40 am Reply with quote
putting aside how awful the premise sounds, those are some weirdly dated character designs, huh.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:55 am Reply with quote
I'm curious as to how this anime is even going to work. I've skimmed the manga and each chapter is only 3-5 pages or so. There is zero plot, it's just the following incredibly simplistic formula:
First panel: Girl looks embarrassed and/or shocked as the MC asks to see her boobs or underwear. We see this from a first-person perspective--the MC isn't actually shown in the manga.
Second Panel: Girl looks embarrassed and makes excuses while the MC begs harder. There might be another panel or two of this same thing.
Last panel: Girl shows MC what he wants to see.

I can't imagine an episode being more than a minute or so.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:39 pm Reply with quote
AkumaChef wrote:
I'm curious as to how this anime is even going to work. I've skimmed the manga and each chapter is only 3-5 pages or so. There is zero plot, it's just the following incredibly simplistic formula:
First panel: Girl looks embarrassed and/or shocked as the MC asks to see her boobs or underwear. We see this from a first-person perspective--the MC isn't actually shown in the manga.
Second Panel: Girl looks embarrassed and makes excuses while the MC begs harder. There might be another panel or two of this same thing.
Last panel: Girl shows MC what he wants to see.

I can't imagine an episode being more than a minute or so.

Sounds pretty much like Iya na Kao sare nagara Opantsu Misete Moraitai then, which was a nice anime Laughing Looking forward to it.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:39 am Reply with quote
DavetheUsher wrote:

Sounds pretty much like Iya na Kao sare nagara Opantsu Misete Moraitai then, which was a nice anime Laughing Looking forward to it.

I haven't watched that, but I did read the manga. It certainly has a similar premise to Dogeza. But the mangas couldn't be more different. While it might be silly Opantsu Misete Moraitai has at least some semblance of a story and it reads like a normal manga. The chapters are many pages long, there's actually things going on, there's dialogue, plot, and humor beyond "show me your underwear". It wouldn't have any trouble filling out a normal 24-min TV episode length. But Dogeza lacks all that. I think a better comparison for length and amount of content is Otona no Bōguya-san Its manga chapters are significantly longer than Dogeza, yet its anime episodes were only 5 minutes with a big chunk of that being the OP and ED.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I need to correct myself here. Regarding my above post I was talking about the Opantsu manga, which apparently was inspired by the anime and not the other way around like I had mistakenly thought. The manga is indeed long and has a plot, character development, etc, but the doujinshi which originally inspired the anime is a lot more like DavetheUsher suggested. It is substantially similar to the Dogeza manga, but at least it has multiple panels per page.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1