• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Animation TV Ranking, October 5-11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Changeman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:27 am Reply with quote
A guy on this forum started counting numbers on the film (box office forecast, tickets sold, etc.).

His prediction so far is that the film should raise more than 4 billion yen in 3 days, whoever is curious can follow here: http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55322&start=13425

Interesting that the viewing od Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon has increased, it looks like it will have a larger audience than Boku no Hero.
Kadenza

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:03 am Reply with quote
I guess Yashahime is also a proof that your show doesn't need to have good production values at all in order to be successful nowadays.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:34 pm Reply with quote
By now, the production committee responsible for Inuyasha and Yashahime must have realized that they left money on the table by making The Final Act a rushed 26-episode series airing after midnight when it could have had a longer, very successful run in the pre-Conan time slot.
Willo567

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
By now, the production committee responsible for Inuyasha and Yashahime must have realized that they left money on the table by making The Final Act a rushed 26-episode series airing after midnight when it could have had a longer, very successful run in the pre-Conan time slot.

Wait, FInal Act aired after midnight?
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Willo567 wrote:
Wait, FInal Act aired after midnight?

Yes, it aired 02:20 AM in Japan. I assume most of the nostalgic people in Japan who used to watch Inuyasha and are now checking out Yashahime never watched The Final Act.
Ushio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Kadenza wrote:
I guess Yashahime is also a proof that your show doesn't need to have good production values at all in order to be successful nowadays.

It's in the hour block with Conan so unless it's really hated in Japan it will have decent ratings. If Japan is like the US most programs have an hour block so most will watch the whole hour rather than watch the first 30 minutes of one program and miss the ending to switch to Conan.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Yashahime actually increased. Well, a good start so far.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:

I never understood their decision to air the Final Art outside of the old time slot. Was something else airing at that time?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1