• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: NIJISANJI VTuber Agency Releases Details Regarding Termination of Kingyozaka Meiro's Contr

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olgita

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I swear this drama around VTubers is getting ridiculous...
Zerreth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Not particularly here, but I've discussed about how these agencies are pretty much treating and manufacturing vtubers in the same way as they treat their idol culture, which is why I can't support them.

The exceptions to the rule are those who self employ and simply use vtubers as a means to add a layer of confidentiality to their persona, or work outside of the agency model (i.e. GYARI's VOMs) and the differences in their operations and their streams are incredibly noticeable. It was only a matter of time before we're back to the usual toxic culture we see revolving around Japanese idols because those businesses refuse to behave differently.
Niyari

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Roa's dialect is part of her character. Meiro's is natural. Management took Roa's side because she has seniority. Pretty much end of story.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Sounds more like the leaking info and twice requesting to retire only to change her mind had more to do with it than the overlapping vocal tic.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, like, I'll definitely take her side on the issue of the verbal tic because that sounds silly, but the other stuff is for sure her own fault.
JonDoe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:24 am Reply with quote
This all sounds like bad decision making on Meiro's part. Asking for your release twice only to change your mind both times makes you look real flaky, plus she wasn't doing herself any favors by leaking info without permission like that. I can see why her agency got sick of dealing with her.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:28 pm Reply with quote
I feel bad for Meiro since this all started with a speaking quirk brought on from nervousness and was a natural part of her speech... but if the information presented here about how she behaved up to this point it's really hard to side with her.

I still feel bad for her but I think the company has the right idea to terminate her because of how complicated she made the situation, wanting to quit, changing her mind and leaking info.

It could be that the situation is more complicated and there might have been more factors involved but with the information available, she brought this upon herself.
Uokel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:14 pm Reply with quote
There is still a lot of dirty info on this. Like those screen shots of Roa's Dm's having the tags edited with them. Or that the person who posted this on their blog almost word for word stated what Nijsanji was going to do. What the worst thing about this is that Meiro can't even defender herself. From what I recall her saying that she did a stream with permission asking if she could tell her viewers why she was on a break and what was going on with her (obviously without saying names) they said yes. She does the stream and they turn around and go we couldn't say you could do that! and listed it as a breach in contract,
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1